8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Silver 2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr and I just hit 10k miles.
After this December I should have a good part paid off.

How much do you think i can sell it for and what car should i get.
I was thinking 07 si if i can find one new or a used 2006 evo mr.

feed back would be nice.....

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
You could sell it for about 15K. 16K the highest. The evo MR is a nice car but insurance is gonna kill you. EVO's are one of the most expensive cars to insure seriously. I would pick a 07 SI or if you want take a look at the mazdaspeed3.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It all depends on what 07's are selling for in your area....

My 07 EX sedan books private party for $20,XXX and I paid 19,150 for it in Feb. My experience with honda's is that they book high, but that doesnt mean that they will sell for that.

Last feb. I sold my 06' Element EX AWD for $19,650- I paid $19,950 for it 8 months prior and at that time it booked private party for $21,500.....The lady that bought it thought it was the best deal in the world! I didnt have the heart to tell her that I was only $300 less than what I bought it for 8 months prior!

Long story short. I could probably sell my 07' Civic EX for $18,500 beings that it only has 5k on it with tint and painted mudflaps. Dealers in my area wont budge on Civics and only offer the new 08's for $100 off MSRP. So to a prospective buyer, thats nealy 2k in savings at $18,500......

It all depends on your area is what I am saying. I have bought all of my new Honda's for $500 over invoice and have never been burned....

Good luck

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a Silver 2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr and I just hit 10k miles.
After this December I should have a good part paid off.

How much do you think i can sell it for and what car should i get.
I was thinking 07 si if i can find one new or a used 2006 evo mr.

feed back would be nice.....
Out here in Northern Ca, Civic EX's book high, and a lot of dealers wont budge on pricing. Generally speaking, you can sell for a good amount as it only has to be slightly discounted to move it, i.e. you wont take a big hit on selling it. I know CarMax will pay a premium for them.

Sounds like you want a real step up, so skip the Si. The Evo MR is a great choice, but you might want to look at the Mazdaspeed3, and the new Cobalt SS as well. Both are reasonably priced, and both are Si killers.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i think you will get a great deal on the EX's sale especially while you have low milage.

mine's a 06 EX sedan with only 8.5k miles. i can probably still get $16k-16.5k easily

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Dude your 18,insurance is going to kill you. I dont understand how there is 16-21 y/olds with Si's that dont have high insurance? keep the EX otherwise insurance will kill you with an Si or EVO. 18 year old in an EVO? think insurance will even insure you? you might be asking too much Si? EVO? especially when gas prices keep going up. The Si will get worse mileage than your EX and the EVO? that will get like 19 or less MPG.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just bec i'm 18 doesn't mean anything, i have the money.
also i have huge discounts on my insurance.
i pay 900 for 6 months now.

I was thinking about after the summer, getting a new car.
I'm just trying to plan ahead.

:)

·
Registered
5,595 Posts

I see just trying to help out! :thumb:

·
Registered
892 Posts
You could sell it for about 15K. 16K the highest. The evo MR is a nice car but insurance is gonna kill you. EVO's are one of the most expensive cars to insure seriously. I would pick a 07 SI or if you want take a look at the mazdaspeed3.
Wrong. I traded my 06 in with 30k and got 15. He should be able to get at least 17500 I'd say. The dealership slapped a "Certified" sticker on my car along with a list price of $18,995.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts

If you have the money then go for it. 900 for a EX is still pretty high for 6 months. If you're planning on getting the Evo, you could expect to pay double what you pay now.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
What I mean was if you go with the evo, the price to insure the evo is gonna double the civic's insurance or more.
:word:

Save your money for college and for general savings. You're gonna need it. The Si is a sweet car, get that, save money on the insurance and gas and be happy. The Evo is just WAY too expensive -- in gas AND insurance. Even tho your insurance doesn't cost a lot now, any insurance company is gonna start seeing green when they hear an 18 yr old male (very high risk) wants an Evo. Your insurance rate is liable to double or more.

Even if you can afford it, just get the Si. Make a more reasonable choice. You'll have a lot more money for mods!:dancing:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya thats what i'm going to do :thumb:
plus i think the si is one of the best looking new cars under 22k
also i want to kill my cocky friend's mr2 and the other 30 guys that go to the dallas meet that think honda is ****. I mean if you guys were there you would be pissed. everyone hates honda. its all about Nissan, vipers, rx7's, evos, and sti's.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
ya thats what i'm going to do :thumb:
plus i think the si is one of the best looking new cars under 22k
also i want to kill my cocky friend's mr2 and the other 30 guys that go to the dallas meet that think honda is ****. I mean if you guys were there you would be pissed. everyone hates honda. its all about Nissan, vipers, rx7's, evos, and sti's.
W00t! Yeah, get an Si and take 'em for a ride! See how fast their tune changes!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess I have to start saving, lol :dancing:

Oh and the plan is get si, turbo it and ride to the meet with out telling anyone and surprise the hell out of juan.

:lildevil:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I guess I have to start saving, lol :dancing:

Oh and the plan is get si, turbo it and ride to the meet with out telling anyone and surprise the hell out of juan.

:lildevil:
Just keep in mind WHY you're getting a car. Just to drive around and impress people probably isn't the best reason, IMHO. :police:

But, hey, at least you're making a wiser decision. Go with the cheaper car and you'll have the money for a turbo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no
actually the first reason i got a 8th gen honda civic is because my ex had one and I liked it. I also did my research before buying my first car and guess what won, the civic. So i'm not just getting it for that, the main reason is because i like the looks, how it drives, and because it's a HONDA :vtec:

So no i'm not out there to impress....
impress someone should be through you and not an object :thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.