8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in an accident where I slid into a guard rail on the highway when it was snowing. I was wondering if I wanted to trade in my car how much money I would get. A ballpark estimate is good enough I just don't want to be shocked when I go trade it in possibly for another vehicle. The bumpers were damage, and the corner panels on the passenger side of the vehicle. Plus my back tire was bent a little, broken, headlight, hubcap, need alignment, etc. The estimate to fix my car is $6700, $2100 being parts and the rest being labor. I won't get it back for a couple weeks so I can't go to a dealer to get a trade in estimate. I've been wanting to trade it in for a bigger vehicle for a while but figure now is the best time before I sit on it and let the value slowly fall.

The vehicle is a 2010 Civic LX, with 27,000 miles and was in great condition prior to the accident. I'm afraid the accident dropped it's value significantly and if it did I'd be better off keeping it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't expect more than 4k for it with all of the damages. I probably wouldn't spend more than 2k if I was going to try to buy it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
If the vehicle is repaired with a quality you may get a little less then blue book just because it has a branded title but it won't be thousands less.

·
Registered
48 Posts
subtract about $2-4k from nada trade in value and that's what you should expect. A lot of dealers these days are offering auction price for your car instead of book value :-/ It's really *** but just how the market is anymore unfortunately.

·
Registered
163 Posts
subtract about $2-4k from nada trade in value and that's what you should expect. A lot of dealers these days are offering auction price for your car instead of book value :-/ It's really *** but just how the market is anymore unfortunately.

My response to any dealer who pulls this is pretty simple. Get up and walk out.
If they are selling a car then they'll pay the value of the trade. This thing dealers do works because people are sheep. If they want to pay Auction value then tell them to goto an Auction. Or just swap it around and offer Auction Value for their car... and see how well that lights up their day.

·
Registered
768 Posts
you also have to consider that sheer amount of vehicles they sit on! supply vs. demand is crazy right now... seems like 70% supply/30% demand

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
kbb had mine for about 13.5k at the time i was selling. I couldve sold it for more but i got a great deal on a 2012 wrangler. with all the extra goodies i had including turbo, they purchased it for 11.5k

present day... sold the 2012 wrangler unlimited (i purchased for 24k) and traded that in for a 2014 cherokee trailhawk. dealer purchased my wrangler for 25k.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whenever I get my car back I'll see what I can get. Thanks for your input guys. Hopefully it isn't too low since I have low miles on my car 27000.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Try selling it outright because dealerships are low balling all trade ins because cars are just not moving off their lots. Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts