8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Rallyecivic said:
So I just bought my 07 civic si prolly a week ago...
When is a good time to trade it in to a dealer?

Now! But wtf would you want to trade something in you just purchased. This goes to show you that some people don't research/drive/think about a car purchase before they drive off the lot.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i think hes asking like, a year later.....in 3 months.....never

i dont think hes looking to trade it in right now, just wondering how long he should keep it for so he doesnt lose mass amounts of money but still gets some in return

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
why? Is a fun to drive

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Wow! ... see if they have a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee. Good luck!
If anything, 2 years might make it worth the payments.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea..No not right now I was thinking if 2 years is a good time?
I don't know how trade in works? because I am financing about $20k for my car.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
In 2 years, I think the value might just be affordable enough for a private sale. You will get most out of the car this way.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I kind of wish I got an RSX-S..
I have seen some for like $15k and I think I made too big of a purchase...
Since I'm only 19 years old..

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
If you financed that amount I think you'd be even on the loan (payoff vs. car's worth) in 1.5 years. I don't usually put anything down on my Hondas and that is usually when I'm even on the loan. This applies to their cars in the high teens (k's) to mid 20k level. 30k and up (Acuras, etc) I think with no or little down 2 years to be even. These are ballpark estimates based on all the Honda automobiles I have financed (7 as of now).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rallyecivic said:
Yea..No not right now I was thinking if 2 years is a good time?
I don't know how trade in works? because I am financing about $20k for my car.
If you took long payment terms like 60 - 72 months you may owe more than it's worth in 2 years. If you can afford it add $50 or more each month to your payment tell the lender to apply it to the principal

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
truflip said:
In 2 years, I think the value might just be affordable enough for a private sale. You will get most out of the car this way.
thinking that way is absolutly backwards...you get the most value out of a car by buying it used. buying a new car is a horrible investment because it deacreases in value the most over the first 3 years. if you have your car for 2 years it doesnt matter when you sell it...you already took teh loss. the good thing about buying a car new is that you get the better part of the car...meaning it has never been driven, abused, etc...

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
yeah i hear ya... i kind of regret not getting the RSX also. i long for playing my michael jackson's dangerous casette in the bose tape player and laying my hand on my balls since there's no arm rest... hope everything works out for you

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Rallyecivic said:
well I kind of wish I got an RSX-S..
I have seen some for like $15k and I think I made too big of a purchase...
Since I'm only 19 years old..
:rotfl:

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
i'm 18, i financed 10k and i have absolutely no regrets on my Si.. i see 239847234 RSX's on the road and i'd rather have something that people will notice than just another RSX..

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
i dunno about you, but i see way more civics on the road then rsx's. Most are not si models but 99% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyways...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love my Si..I was just curious...
Yea I see hella rsx's but only have seen one other Si...lots of Ex's, Lx's...but Si's are hella rare in my state...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts