8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So about a month and a half ago I traded in my 2006 Civic LX 5MT, so I figured I'd make a thread to show you what I replaced it with...

I picked up a used 06 White Diamond Pearl Acura TL 6MT non-navi. I've always loved TLs, so when a local Acura dealer had this with a manual (super rare BTW), only 42k and at a great price, I jumped on it.

(Sorry about the quality of some of the pics, some were taken with my iPhone)
The day after I got it:

J32A3. It has just a tad more grunt than my R18 did. ;)

6 speed :D

From the first day I got my TL I missed having daytime running lights like I had in my Civic. So I installed a set of Hella LED DRLs. These are basically the same thing that Mercedes uses in the DRLs for their new cars. They have high current LEDs pointing up into seashell shaped reflectors.

They're pretty bright, and they even dim when the parking lights come on just like OEM LED DRLs. (please ignore the bugs splattered on my bumper :p)

A few night pics:
Low beams and DRLs in dimmed mode.

Parking lights and DRLs in dimmed mode.

DRLs in full brightness mode at night.

From the back:

Moar pics

Brembo front calipers

Interior

My iPod adapter

·
Registered
21,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me like. Enjoy the torque
Yeah the torque is nice. :D

Good choice. Upgrade over an Si. Why didn't you get the new TL?
I actually had an LX not an Si, so it's a REALLY big upgrade, lol.

I didn't get a new TL because:
1. I hate the way the new ones look.
2. There's no way I could afford it. To get a new TL with a manual, you have to get the SH-AWD version, which is like $42k. My used TL was $17k.

·
Registered
21,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lets see how long it takes before someone says you shouldve gotten an si.

Btw, nice car!
Haha, thanks.

Funny you should mention that, because I was actually considering getting an Si, but I don't like the 9th gens and used 8th gen Si's still go for $16k-$20k around here. I got the TL for about the same price and it has more power, more space, way more features, ect. An Si handles a bit better though and probably gets slightly better mpg, but the TL still handles pretty nice (MT models got sportier suspension/brakes) and gets pretty decent mpg (I get 25-28 mpg). :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Haha, thanks.

Funny you should mention that, because I was actually considering getting an Si, but I don't like the 9th gens and used 8th gen Si's still go for $16k-$20k around here. I got the TL for about the same price and it has more power, more space, way more features, ect. An Si handles a bit better though and probably gets slightly better mpg, but the TL still handles pretty nice (MT models got sportier suspension/brakes) and gets pretty decent mpg (I get 25-28 mpg). :)
There's no comparison, enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
21,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
21,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Clean car...Led fogs matches the hids and looks good!
Thanks!

Great car mang!
I thought that 06+ had DRL's, hence Acura putting fog lights in the lower bumper instead of near the low beam?
Thanks. Actually only the 07-08 model TLs came with DRLs. For 04-06 The fog lights are in the headlight housing next to the hi/low (bi-xenon) projector. For 07-08 they moved the fog lights to the lower bumper and put dedicated DRLs in the headlights where the fogs used to be.

nice upgrade man. Sometimes I think I should have gone with a bigger car like the TL
Yeah, the extra space is nice.

Niceee, what are your plans for modding it? :) Always loved the rear end of those TL's
I plan on getting the full A-Spec lip kit like this:

Very nice man. Post up some interior shots :D
I just added some. :)

·
Registered
21,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
stance that mother f*****....nice car =D
Yeah, I'd like to lower it a tad. It already scrapes the plastic air dam piece coming out of my driveway though. :eek:hnoes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.