8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG I never been so confused! I want to trade in my R18 for an SI but I don't know if I really want to!

I need suggestions! I have owned my R18 for close to about 2 years now. I'm just getting kinda bored of the no ":vtec:" I drove my boy Si and I LOVE IT! I want one. But I don't know if I should trade in or not. If I would I don't know where can I trade it in at. I don't want to trade it in the dealership where I got the car from. They offer me 17K a few months ago. But the price would be lower now since I put more miles on my car.

I know I should have bought the SI in the first place! But hell. I need help!

Open for suggestions!

·
Registered
928 Posts
YES!!! how much is the diff

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
the price for trade in would be much lower today than it was a few months ago. Right now, expect no more than 13k for trade in and 15k privately

·
Registered
928 Posts
the price for trade in would be much lower today than it was a few months ago. Right now, expect no more than 13k for trade in and 15k privately
:yeahthat: but i say do it the si isnt really expensive and the insurance shouldnt be that much of a diff you will enjoy...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm planning to get a USED SI. for 17K. I just hope they don't rip me a new one. But ill do some more research before I do anything. More Suggestions!

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm planning to get a USED SI. for 17K. I just hope they don't rip me a new one. But ill do some more research before I do anything. More Suggestions!
how many miles what year get all the bugs fixed for example 2nd and third gear, carfax report u know :dance:
oooh yeah make sure its certified and test drive that baby

·
Registered
928 Posts
well...id still say mugen...u wont regret it...i promise......but just test drive the coupe...sedan and mugen
if he wants to save the most money he should go with the regular si and overtime fix the suspension

·
Registered
143 Posts
You have to look at your balance... If you owe more than your car is worth definetly not worth it. Your going to loss alot of money along the way of the transactions. But on the other hand if you car is worth a bit more that what you owe then it might be worth it. Either way you will lose some if not alot of money. I would say no but that's just me

·
Registered
928 Posts
Free Record Check Results:
VIN 2HGFA55577H707788
Year/Make/Model: 2007 HONDA CIVIC SI
Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Search Results: 2 records found in our database
IMPORTANT! The 2 records on this 2007 HONDA CIVIC SI may confirm a clean title history or uncover potential problems. Find out by ordering the CARFAX Vehicle History Report.

^ looks clean but i would look at those records could be nothing or something....and ask how many owners it had but judgin by the mileage it probably had 1...but then again that one driver could have raped the car, and now its a rebel...lol

·
Registered
928 Posts
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i saw a used one goin for 18...just do a bunch of searching...and i bought an fg2 with 14k on it and it was problematic...make sure it come certified
Yeah I saw that one. Its the same Si I saw at my dealership where I got my 08 LX. But I still don't understand this who losing money if you trade it in. Can Someone explain this for me?

·
Registered
884 Posts
dude, I have both cars, and R18 and an FG2. Si is far superior for acceleration, difference in mpg is minimal(2-3 at most). Handling is far better too. I would suggest getting an '08 or newer however after all the fuss over the 3rd gear issue. Research the affected VIN's on the forum here before buying a used '08 or newer. Also, I would simply wait until special finance rates return such as 60 months at 2.9%. Right now, at last check, there were no finance specials on the civic. Although with good credit, a 5% rate give or take a bit should be attainable. Also, in all but 5 states, your trade-in's value counts as a credit against the sales tax on the new vehicle you are attaining. I.E., your trade is valued at $13k, new car is $21k. You pay sales tax only on $8k. Helps a bit, vs. selling the car private party. Although you're going to get less on a dealer trade than a private sale. So, just do the math. I'm 34 and traded in my '07 civic hybrid for my Si about a year ago. I lost $1500 or so when compared to a private party sale, but it was worth not going through the hassle for once. But, you could always try Private party and set a deadline in your own mind, that way it's not open ended. So, in other words, you say, I'm selling this car in 2 weeks private party, or I'm trading it in. So, there's light at the end of the tunnel. And you have a set date to look forward to.

But le me reiterate, wait for special Honda Factory subsidized financing!!! They will probably have a president's day weekend sale in 3 weeks. That's the same weekend they ran the sale last year when I bought my Si.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.