8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of trading my ex in for a four door rally red si im just trying to figure out if the pros outweigh the cons i mean i know i get more :vtec: but gas prices are going up and i drive like 80 miles a day but other than that i dunno because im getting the exact same payments if i trade it in which is 267 a month wut do u guys think

·
Registered
637 Posts
What's more important to you, fun or economy? The Si is more fun. No doubt about it. It's also a bit more expensive to insure and to run. You'll have to run at least 91 octane. That means $2-3 more per fill up. No big deal there. And it'll get around 25-30 MPG, which is probably less than you are getting from your EX. So increased gas price and lower MPG will run you about $10 more a month depending on how you drive. Is the fun factor worth $10 a month? Most would say yes!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
if your payments will be the same... the increased price of gas going to Si means nothing because it wont be much different

DO IT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
My 06 lx did about 400 miles highway and my si does about 400 also. depending on how you drive, you can do 30/40mpg on a si easily. Only difference now would be the switch from regular to premium gas. My si sedan cost only $10 more a year in insurance over my 06 lx coupe.

If you get an RR si sedan, you will get more ass. Its a scientific fact.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Spinitch said:
My 06 lx did about 400 miles highway and my si does about 400 also. depending on how you drive, you can do 30/40mpg on a si easily. Only difference now would be the switch from regular to premium gas. My si sedan cost only $10 more a year in insurance over my 06 lx coupe.

If you get an RR si sedan, you will get more ass. Its a scientific fact.
It is so hard to get 30/40 mpg on the Si.

It is too much fun. :vtec:

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm amazed at people that are able to get 40 MPG. I recently did a 500 mile trip. All thruway miles. No A/C. No passengers or extra weight. Cruising speed varied between 65 and 75. 34 MPG was the best I could get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts