8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a 2005 accord v6 6 speed thats stock. needs a clutch and struts and its basically new. this si has upgraded carbon syncros, stage 2 clutch, full exhaust + cai. short throw shifter but it has rust on rockers and rear quarter panel but nothing too bad, 197k miles. a little more done to it but i forget off the top of my head. all it needs is a valve cover gasket and an exhaust manifold gasket. Think its worth it?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Only thing I would say to be cautious of is buying a car from someone you don't know with aftermarket modification done on it. I would make sure the seller has documentation of where he got the tranny rebuilt at, and especially same for the clutch job. If the car has a full exhaust on it and needs an exhaust manifold gasket that means the previous owner likely put the exhaust on and did not do proper due diligence in replacing the gasket. As for the valve cover gasket, that's an extremely easy fix. If I had done work on my car and sold it to someone I'd make sure they knew I did it and not a professional, even though I am proud of my work I would never trust an unreputable hand (mainly because if that tranny ever goes kaput, you can always go back to the shop and complain). That's just my 2 cents though, if I ever buy a car with mods I better be ready to replace them as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
But if they do have documentation of the clutch job and tranny rebuild, hell that's not a bad deal if it's one for one, just get the motor checked out first for compression and check the oil/trans fluid. A little panel rust never hurt anyone, its the frame rust that'll get ya.

·
Registered
114 Posts
What tombid said and, if your Accord is a reliable daily and your only transportation I would be skeptical. There is a reason the other person wants your Accord. And, your Accord is a coupe which, to me, is pretty cool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know I'm a little late, but for what it's worth... no way would I trade a non-rusted Honda for one that has noticeable rust. Also a 7th gen Accord coupe V6 stick is kind of a rare and cool vehicle. I used to have a 2005 coupe (mine was I4 MT5) and I honestly liked it better than the 8th gen Civic I4 MT5 I have now. If you really want an Si then fair enough, but I'd try to find one in nicer shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts