8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im still trying to sell my car to get an SI. I was wonder if selling my car to a used car dealership if i would get a crappy price. Should i be expect the trade in value price? I own a 04 vw gti. Asking for 7,300. kbb says best price for trade in is 6,700. Should i just do it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
If it books out at 7,300....there is no way they will give you 6,700

They want to make money and will always lowball you. If your car books out around 7 I would say you would be lucky to get 5 for it, but should probably expect closer to 4 if you do a trade in.

If you arent in a big rush, go ahead and try to sell it first.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the dealership wont give u trade in or private seller value they take whatever the lowest price they find is between KBB, NADA, and blacklist. Dealerships are a joke unless ure car is paid off.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesnt book out at 7300. it books out for a private seller at 8500. and dealership at 10,700. Im asking for 7,300 as a private seller but havent had many bites. Been a month. Im saying if i trade it in can i expect somewhere in the high 6 or low 7? mind as well do that im tired of wait I want an SI =)

If it books out at 7,300....there is no way they will give you 6,700

They want to make money and will always lowball you. If your car books out around 7 I would say you would be lucky to get 5 for it, but should probably expect closer to 4 if you do a trade in.

If you arent in a big rush, go ahead and try to sell it first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If it books out so high may I ask why your starting price is so low?

but yes if it books out that high then you should be able to get at least six.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I been trying to sell it on craigslist starting at 8,500... going from what kbb said private party value should be. I didnt get many offers.. and I been lowering it little by little just to get some bites. now that im down to 7,300 i was just thinking if its better if i just trade it in because i could just go and do that. car is fine just minor scratches due to regular daily driving no issues clean title. whats going on? i just wanna get an SI already =(

If it books out so high may I ask why your starting price is so low?

but yes if it books out that high then you should be able to get at least six.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah plus you will save about a grand in taxes and fees if you trade it in. Might as well see what they will give you for it, you can always talk them up.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i traded in my 03 sentra while striking a deal wit a dealership for the SI i have now
hard to explain but i kinda used it nd brought the price down by a lot
i wanted to sell on craigslist tho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts