8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wanted to ask if it is possible for me to trade in my car that is still under financing? ive had my fa5 for about a year now.. and i got like 4 more years to pay it off.. ive found this nice fg2 of the same year with low miles and excellent price.. but back to the question: is it possible for a trade in? even though my sedan is not fully payed?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm yah that is true.. but how will it work out? will the dealership buy the fa5 back? sorry kindve a newbie here..

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer will appraise the FA5 and tell you how much they will give you for it. If its less than what you owe on it they will just tack it on to the new loan.
so if they give me less then what i owe on it, i still have to pay for the remaining balance left on the fa5?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
lol! I'm the opposite of you bro. I wanted to trade my FG2 (under finance) for a FA5. The Dealers wanted $13,500 for the trade in. It's a loss concidering that I payed $18 for it (3months own) and lost $4K that I bought Gap warranty, Honda Certified sticker, and all that junk. I owed $20K on loan and if I do the trade in, I'll have to owe $5K more than what I owed. That's a big hit and I wouldn't want to do that since I COULD GET A SUPERCHARGER for 5G's!

·
Registered
687 Posts
the best thing to do is trade with someone with an FG2 that wants an FA5 and do a loan transfer :D best way dont go through the dealer they will rip you!

EDIT: if they owe close to or the same amount of course

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I traded my FG2 for an FA5 last year. Lost a few but the way I see it, it was like a short 2 year lease. Now I have the car I want.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My uncle is the finance manager at my Honda dealer and back in December I really wanted to trade in my FG2 (07 NHBP) for an 09 FA5 (RR) b/c I love the 09 sedans and I really wanted RR and they got one in stock so I went to talk to my uncle just to talk prices and I would have gotten screwed! I pay $315 a month right now and it would have gone up to $360/mo.! I was like yea... that's a no go. I mean I love my FG2, I've loved them ever since the concept came out but I dunno there was something about the 09 FA5 that I love! But I guess I'll be hanging onto the coupe for a while.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
what color is your FA5? im guessing silver since your user name but damn if you didnt have silver i would mind trading you even for my FG2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts