8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wanted to ask if it is possible for me to trade in my car that is still under financing? ive had my fa5 for about a year now.. and i got like 4 more years to pay it off.. ive found this nice fg2 of the same year with low miles and excellent price.. but back to the question: is it possible for a trade in? even though my sedan is not fully payed?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
lol! I'm the opposite of you bro. I wanted to trade my FG2 (under finance) for a FA5. The Dealers wanted $13,500 for the trade in. It's a loss concidering that I payed $18 for it (3months own) and lost $4K that I bought Gap warranty, Honda Certified sticker, and all that junk. I owed $20K on loan and if I do the trade in, I'll have to owe $5K more than what I owed. That's a big hit and I wouldn't want to do that since I COULD GET A SUPERCHARGER for 5G's!

·
Registered
731 Posts
My uncle is the finance manager at my Honda dealer and back in December I really wanted to trade in my FG2 (07 NHBP) for an 09 FA5 (RR) b/c I love the 09 sedans and I really wanted RR and they got one in stock so I went to talk to my uncle just to talk prices and I would have gotten screwed! I pay $315 a month right now and it would have gone up to $360/mo.! I was like yea... that's a no go. I mean I love my FG2, I've loved them ever since the concept came out but I dunno there was something about the 09 FA5 that I love! But I guess I'll be hanging onto the coupe for a while.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.