8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Capital on Friday evening and ran 6 runs and boy did I have traction issues. 1st 3 runs I spun in 3 gears and my best time was 16.4 but my trap speed was 92mph. On the 4th run I finally lowered my tire pressure to 30psi and launched around 3500 that reduced my spin but the turbo, IMO, took too long to spin for optimal power. I ran several runs of 15.3 at 89mph and my last run I finally hit 15.0 at 92. The power I have to the wheels I should be hitting a trap speed of 95-100 and running in the 14 range. I really need to get my car tuned next month but not too many shops in MD know how to tune these cars of late. I will post a few of my runs later today.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ummmmmmmmmmmmm...... You are turbo charged and those were your best numbers? Man.... You must have major traction problems.... Let us know when you get situated, I'll drive down to capitol to check it out... I'm not far....

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yah.. was thinking slicks for the front but your talking $500 for tires and rim. I would rather put that into tuning and other parts for the car. The outside temp for the day was around 100 and I was doing hot laps for the first 3 runs. My best run was a hour later when the temp was somewhat lower and the car sat around for 45 minutes while they ran the alcohol cars. I know I need to get the car tuned since I drop boost to 5.5-6 while the vtec kicks in. Have to figure out why my trap speed is only 92mph... Tuning.. i need a good tune job..

I running the stock tires at 30psi. The car has power no doubt there I can spin the tires through 3 gears which accounts for the low runs. Launching at 3500 and 4000 seems to be ideal but the turbo seems to spin slow in 1st and really hits hard in 2nd and 3rd gear.

thehov: I will head out there again in the next few weeks. Since I'm planning to head out to the burrito bowl on Saturday I need to finish installing my boost, AEM uego gauges and stereo unit. I may take the car back to extreme on Friday and see if Sean can tune the car for me.

Later

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
man that is kinda sh!tty
i run 15.1 stock

i would maybe not try to launch
if your havin so much spinach....:biggrin:

maybe just take off regular and then gun it

no point in launchin without the right tires

·
Registered
405 Posts
you should be running more in the 13s. i had a 2003 turbo si and it would run steady 13.8 with bald tires and spinning all of 1st and 2nd. i would run right next to 07 mustang GTs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts