8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get the TPMS out of my stock steelies to put into my SI wheels? I have the new wheels on, and the other set is sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
ummm... It was easy i used stock Wheels as a mod too.. I went with the RSX ones tho.
What you need to do is just switch the sensors to the new wheels when you're mounting your new tires.
sorry for the bump, didnt wanna make a new post.
but is it legit just taking out the tpms sensor from one wheel(lx hubs) and puting it into the new aftermarket ones? Some one wanna explain? haha

·
Registered
17,663 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
They might just charge you a demount and mount and rebalance,there is no need to relearn the sensors so dont let them tell you that. Just make sure you keep the same pressure for the new ones as were for the old ones. You could go a little higher with the pressure just not lower.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Nope. I switched from 08 lx steelies to 06 si rims without any issues. It's the pressure in the rim. When I got around 35psi, the tpms light came on.

·
Registered
187 Posts
New sensor replacement parts are needed whenever:

-The sensor has been moved to a new wheel

-The sensor has been adjusted in any way

-The sensor’s parts are 3-5 years old (the rubber grommet lasts as long as tire rubber does)

One KIT per sensor.

Every single replacement part kit includes:

-One valve nut

-One rubber grommet seal

-One TPMS-compatible valve cap (sometimes two)

-Nickel-plated valve core

Some also include the following:

-New valve

-A metal ring or different beveled washers

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
^I didnt replace all that stuff. I talked to a few shops and they all said that it's not a must. Seems like a little overkill to me.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Replacing the crush washer with every oil change seems like a little overkill to me too. Sigh.

Me, I like factors of safety. Failing to replace the o-ring, retaining nut, valve core (nickel-plated) and a compatible valve cap compromises safety. You are asking for leaks otherwise. Maybe you get lucky with a slow leak.

-mr. bill

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
New sensor replacement parts are needed whenever:

-The sensor has been moved to a new wheel

-The sensor has been adjusted in any way

-The sensor’s parts are 3-5 years old (the rubber grommet lasts as long as tire rubber does)

One KIT per sensor.

Every single replacement part kit includes:

-One valve nut

-One rubber grommet seal

-One TPMS-compatible valve cap (sometimes two)

-Nickel-plated valve core

Some also include the following:

-New valve

-A metal ring or different beveled washers
replacement parts kit price?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Replacing the crush washer with every oil change seems like a little overkill to me too. Sigh.

Me, I like factors of safety. Failing to replace the o-ring, retaining nut, valve core (nickel-plated) and a compatible valve cap compromises safety. You are asking for leaks otherwise. Maybe you get lucky with a slow leak.

-mr. bill
I've had mine on for 8 months and no issues with leaks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts