8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 08 Civic lx sedan. I have a set of 06/07 non TPMS rims. I want to swap my sensors from my 08 steel rims to the Si rims. Will this work? I talked to the dealership and a friend that worked for Honda and they said that the sensors may not work. Will the sensors throw the weight off to much? Will the sensor fit properly on the rim or is the mounting surface different? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I would say that they will work,they will not over way the wheel at all. The only thing you will have to do is make sure you run the same pressure that you ran in the tires with the sensors befor. You can run them higher but not any lower because the sensors are set for the old pressure and if you run them lower you will set of the tmps light on the dash.
I hope that makes sense,if you have any questions let me know.:woot:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have an unmounted 08 Si rim they can take a picture of where the valve/tpms goes?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
The sensor is the valve stem,if you look at the stem it is metal and to remove them all you do is let the air out of the tire,unscrew the nut on the stem push it in the tire so you dont break it taking the wheel off and put it take on a little loose and remount the tire and tighten the stem the rest of the way.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Right but will the mounting surface on the 06 non tpms rim work for the stem/sensor?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a set of 07 HFP's on my 08 SI, and the TPMS sensor does in fact fit inside the rim. The only thing that is different is that the sensor does NOT lay flat on the actual rim as they do on the 08-09 rims. This will not affect the TPMS sensor at all.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^Sweet! Though the Si rims and HFP rims are different that does give me some hope!!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^Are you sure? I've found the LX uses TPMS sensors 42753-SNA-A83. And I'm finding that the 2 door and 4 door Si use different sensors. The 2 dr uses 42753-SNA-A81 and the 4 dr uses 42753-SNA-A83. But some sights say they all use the same one, 42753-SNA-A83. I'M SO CONFUSED!! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts