8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Well I Just Got Some 2008 Si Wheels For My LX And That Light Is On What Do I Got To Do To Take It Off Do I Need To Take Something Off From My Old Wheels???

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Dont use tpms, learn to deal with the tpms light on, i do. If you have 2 sets of tpms for both your wheel options (winter/summer) you would still have to pay around $100 every time you put either the si/lx wheels on. Civics only recognize one tpms. But if your going to keep the si wheels on for good, id just have the tpms switched over as you wont need them in the lx wheels.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If the wheels are actually from an '08 and not an '07, they should have the TPMS sensors built into them. You need to either find someone with a TPMS tool or pay Honda the $100 to have your computer coded to those sensors.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just got some new wheels on my '08 LX coupe and I didn't bother buying new sensors or trying to transfer my old ones to my new ones. It's a waste of money to get rid of a light on your dash anyway. I can't stand the light being on because I feel something is wrong, but I have learned to deal with it.

Just make sure you check your tire pressure every once in awhile, which can be noticed just by looking at your tires to see if they need air.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
i swapped si rims with my friend (we both have si's) we both got tpms lights and we went to honda and was likr hey its not working... fixed for free :)

i dont know if you could pull that off with a lx with si rims though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts