Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Vehicle Info:

Year: 2009
Model: Civic LX Coupe
Mileage: 205,xxx

Kind of outside the box question: My TPMS light is on, in fact is has been on since 2017 when I purchased the car. I maintain my tires and check PSI often. I know I can fix the system but am I able to just pull the fuse for the TPMS or is it a fuse that is linked to other functions within the car?

·
Super Moderator
2,408 Posts
From what I understand, The TPMS is independent from other systems in the car. Your light is on probably because one of the sensors in one of the tires is dead.

·
Registered
Fg1 (modded😉)
41 Posts
Mine has had the TPMS light on since I bought it, and that's just because someone replaced the sensor with just a normal valve for some reason.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I understand, The TPMS is independent from other systems in the car. Your light is on probably because one of the sensors in one of the tires is dead.
Yeah. I figured the batteries went flat in the sensors. Do you know what type of batteries they take?

Mine has had the TPMS light on since I bought it, and that's just because someone replaced the sensor with just a normal valve for some reason.
Same with me. The only reason why I think mine is on is because the batteries are finished. Im hoping someone that owned the car before me did not change wheels or something to cause this problem. The previous owner said: "The light is on because the tire is a different size than the rest" I laughed in my head and was like: "Yeah, thats exactly how that works"

·
Registered
Fg1 (modded😉)
41 Posts
You can tell if the wheel has a sensor or not because the normal stem will be rubber, but the one with tpms will have an aluminum stem. BTW most batteries in those sensors are built in and are not replaceable. Which sucks because getting those sensors replaced is expensive! Lol yeah I don't think that's how that works either 😄

·
Super Moderator
2,408 Posts
Yup, you probably CAN take the batteries out (most are incased with silicone or some epoxy material........ not easy to take off). It's worth your time and patience just to get new ones (how do you value your sanity?). Try to get OEM ones (ask me how I know..............)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts