8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Toyota says Celica replacement coming to Europe in 2009

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  hmodel88 
#1 ·
(Please delete if repost)

Via the newshounds at:

Autoblog.com said:
In an article in Automotive News about Toyota's opposition to a maximum speed limit on Germany's autobahn, the publication's Deutsch counterpart, Automobilwoche, reported that Toyota intends to bring the Celica back to market sometime in 2009. The only semi-sporting model in Toyota's lineup was killed in 2005 both here and abroad, and although it doesn't mention sales in the U.S., it stands to reason that if Toyota does decide to revive the Celica, a model here in the States would be a distinct possibility.

What form the new Celica might take is open to debate, but the recent rumblings of a low-cost RWD model might hint at the future. If Scion gets the rumored rear-driver, is it too far of a stretch that an upmarket version could don the Toyota emblem? In short: we hope so.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/20/out-of-no-where-toyota-says-celica-replacement-coming-to-europe/

#13 ·
I find these concerns ridiculous, Subaru's were sold as FWD vehicles all the way up to 1995 (from my recollection). I don't see why Subaru can't have an entry level RWD car, the powertrain is setup so perfect for a RWD sports car. Skip the center diff and send the power straight to the rear!!!!

#16 ·
I just sold my 03 tib with 150k miles. Not because I wanted to but because I wanted to help my brother out who just got his second honda stolen. Ironically, I bought a new civic.

I never did more than change the oil every 3k and get my 60 stuff done @ 50k. Same thing I'll do with the civic. Hopefully it'll last just as long if not much longer. I never had a problem with the tiburon which speaks volumes to me about hyundai's quality. Car has been to california and back.

Believe me, if they deliver the 300rhp Coupe, I might trade the Civic Si.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.