8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2009 Civic coupe and was wondering if anyone had ever put a trailer hitch on their civic and successfully towed anything. I'm looking a tow a small seadoo only a few miles from the house to the boat ramp and back.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Well, yes it is possible you have to look around for small hitches and hinges and things. Iv seen small cars like ours towing very small UHAUL things.

I dont know if the car can hold the ramp and Seadoo. My thinking on this is the rack to tow with will be almost to heavy, also adding the weight wont do it.

Including, when you can to go down the ramp to the water our car has no clearance to do it with.

You picked the wrong car to do this with i think?

Towing Capacity ? - Honda Civic Forum

You need a SUV, or truck. Sorry this car is not anywhere near towing worthy.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Just the stopping force, hills, everything is to much stress on the whole car overall. Your call will not appreciate it. Unless you don't care and want to rip your brakes, suspension and body up go ahead.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Towing

I have towed a small U-Haul trailer with a 300-pound load across the Santa Cruz mountains with my GX. Except when climbing uphill, I couldn't feel the trailer was behind me. The maximum tow capacity for the Civic is 1000 pounds, so if your rig is less than that, you shouldn't have a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts