1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
ewwwwwwwwwwwww more torque same hp and redline around 6.8k?

i duno but i do hope that they do increase some hp somwhere to 230ish to compete with competitors.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
As long as they keep the vtec i could care less if they keep the output around 200 horsepower.

bolt-ons and a tune on the car with a larger throttle body and upping the rev limit will net 230+ whp easy.

*edit*: killed off bolt-on power gain potential with integrated exhaust manifold.

stay away from this piece of ****.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I can see the headlines now.

"Honda unveils 9th gen Si, it still gets smoked by all other cars in it's class."

At least it'll have more torque and I'm sure revised to have marginally more HP.

Watch out Mini Cooper S owners, you've just been put on watch.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Wont matter if it does or not it will still sell better,still have a ton of potential,etc etc the new version will cause Mass Hysteria across the country just like it did in late 05..

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Wont matter if it does or not it will still sell better,still have a ton of potential,etc etc the new version will cause Mass Hysteria across the country just like it did in late 05..
Thank goodness Honda has loyal fans like you. Otherwise they'd never make money on their "performance" cars.

"Hey guys, the new Si is out! It has 5 more HP and 10 more ft-lb!!! THIS IS THE GREATEST CAR EVER!!!"

yawn

Honda does make a good amount of money on these cars I bet. Investing approximately $1,000 in R&D and using parts they find laying around instead of actually investing in new technology.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Was talking to a guy who works for honda R&D and is working on new civic development project... basically the low down he told me was, the new civic would be a nice car... but is going the way of the corolla. An appliance that isn't really fun to drive anymore... Apparently cost cutting is killing the 9th gen civic. But i ask why can all the other automakers make cars for the price of the civic with more hp, good mpg, good interior quality, but for some reason, honda can't????? wtf?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
ewwwwwwwwwwwww more torque same hp and redline around 6.8k?

i duno but i do hope that they do increase some hp somwhere to 230ish to compete with competitors.
You do know that they can do exactly what many of us want? fraken K24 block/K20 head motor... right? I doubt they will make the same mistake they did with the USDM EP3.

Does this mean they will offer an automatic SI?
K24/K20 is the same family of engines, the auto on a TSX should fit in a Civic and the manual on a Civic should fit on a TSX. The reason an automatic was never offered for the SI is because it can't handle 8000rpms

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't see why people are complaining about the idea of the new Si getting a 2.4l motor?!?!?!?

The swapping of the k24 into the Si chassis is a logical decission; it provides a modest performance increase, while concurrently offering to keep the civic Si's pricing structure relatively competitive within its segment.

You can't expect a car manufacturer to invest in to development without expecting the cost of the car to increase, it's just common sense.

If they were to do so, most people would begin bitching about the price of the car... lol-

·
Registered
32 Posts
K24 would be nice, but I'd want to keep it high-revving. Call me odd, but its half the reason I bought the car. More torque would be nice though... I just hope the 9th gen doesn't get too soft though as one person has suggested. And go the way of nasty interiors like the new Corolla...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I don't see why people are complaining about the idea of the new Si getting a 2.4l motor?!?!?!?

The swapping of the k24 into the Si chassis is a logical decission; it provides a modest performance increase, while concurrently offering to keep the civic Si's pricing structure relatively competitive within its segment.

You can't expect a car manufacturer to invest in to development without expecting the cost of the car to increase, it's just common sense.

If they were to do so, most people would begin bitching about the price of the car... lol-
It's not just as simple as them dropping the k24a2 from the tsx. An integrated exhaust manifold and etc. limits how much power one can extract from a low vtec engagement point. plus by changing it up, it might lower the fun due the reduced revs and etc.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Was talking to a guy who works for honda R&D and is working on new civic development project... basically the low down he told me was, the new civic would be a nice car... but is going the way of the corolla. An appliance that isn't really fun to drive anymore... Apparently cost cutting is killing the 9th gen civic. But i ask why can all the other automakers make cars for the price of the civic with more hp, good mpg, good interior quality, but for some reason, honda can't????? wtf?
That's the way all of Honda has been going - just another Toyota. Even Toyota realize they make boring cars and is looking like they might offer a few more interesting vehicles sometime soon. I wonder if the new Civic will get a rear beam axle like the Corolla and Euro Civic? That really will be the kiss of death.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I wonder if the new Civic will get a rear beam axle like the Corolla and Euro Civic? That really will be the kiss of death.
In regards to the Euro hatch: It's built on the Fit platform so that explains the rear beam axle.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
In regards to the Euro hatch: It's built on the Fit platform so that explains the rear beam axle.
Now's the time for Honda to cheapen the whole Civic line since they apparently don't intend on being any better than their major competitor.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I'm skeptical Honda would put a cast in exhaust manifold on their most "performance oriented" model in America. its hard to say what kind of changes they'll make to it considering how much the k24 already varies from the tsx to the cr-v or even how much the k20 varies from model to model. if I had to guess, I'd say we'll see a high-revving k24 with about 230hp/160torques.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts