8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a tourenn body kit, also known as touring body kit depending on the cite you are on. It is the same as the picture with one flaw. It has a center piece dividing the upper grille into two sections! How come other people have this same front bumper without that piece? I asked the dealer and they said both VIS and Vfiber manufacture the bumper the same way.....They continued to tell me i could cut it out and sand it down to make it look like the picture, and that it was easy. Is this true? Please help me! I uploaded a picture of what the bumper is and what it should be.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just a thought, but perhaps the manufacturer has learned of a weakness, over time, with the original design. Maybe the middle piece provides extra support and strength. I think if you cut it out and sand it down, it will be REAL hard to make it look right.
Just my opinion.

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree thats why i am posting this thread to see if anyone else has had this problem! im hoping for someone to say yeah iv had this bumper or no my bumper came diferently

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in a way its not bad the only thing is once i get it sanded down fitted and painted there is no turning back if i wanted to remove it later lol

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Any reputable should be able to remove the middle piece for you with ease - I don't see how it can severly affect the structure of the bumper.

You can probably do it yourself if you have a bit of body work experience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only problem is what it will look like when it is shaved down. Its not that it is impossible to remove its that after removal where it used to be will create an uneven lining with the rest of the upper grille. i appreciate all comments back, i am really struggling to figure out what to do. lol

·
Registered
402 Posts
If it's not exactly what you wanted/ordered, I would take it back and ask for a full refund. Especially, if what you received and what is shown in their ordering catalog don't match. Then re-order from someone else.

Tom

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If it's not exactly what you wanted/ordered, I would take it back and ask for a full refund. Especially, if what you received and what is shown in their ordering catalog don't match. Then re-order from someone else.

Tom
Yah...that'd prob be your best bet. Why have to modify something you bought when in the pics it looked competely diff?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts