8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
ordered! I got the "beige" one. I'll post pics. Unfortunately cost me some coin ($53 with shipping. This parts comes from Europe.........Sweden?........). Still worth it to me, I'm sick of grabbing my sunglasses in the cubby in front of the shifter and scratching them. urghh.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
thanks OP!

Got my Volvo "spectacle storage accessory". I swear it is gray, but I ordered the "soft tan". Anyway, looks great! For those who doubt it will "swallow" big sunglasses, here are pics that show you the space. Took about 15 minutes to install.

Love the dampened movement and soft lining protecting your glasses.

Oakley Half Jacket

Close (as mentioned before, WHILE driving it is a little bit of a pain to stow/retrieve your glasses, but it worth it.

From far away, looks OEM. You would have to go up close to it and study it to see that it isn't. Totally worth it!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Like this mod so much, I'm installing this on my 4Runner :)
If you haven't already ordered, I recommend getting part #30740472s instead. The headliner side of this is a fabric lined shelll instead of just two sharp edged plastic feet, and the outer shell has a removable rubber liner that holds your glasses from sliding around and getting scratched.

This part number is for the same light beige you already have. There's also gray and ivory versions too, but I don't have those part numbers handy.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you haven't already ordered, I recommend getting part #30740472s instead. The headliner side of this is a fabric lined shelll instead of just two sharp edged plastic feet, and the outer shell has a removable rubber liner that holds your glasses from sliding around and getting scratched.

This part number is for the same light beige you already have. There's also gray and ivory versions too, but I don't have those part numbers handy.
Make that part number

30740471 ivory
30740472 taupe
30740473 light gray

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, but I ordered the "original" for my 4Runner weeks ago. Still haven't installed it yet. This is a great mod.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This one looks even better. Do you have this particular version installed in your Civic? Just want to verify it works. Does it seem to be much deeper than the one in the OP? Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
This one looks even better. Do you have this particular version installed in your Civic? Just want to verify it works. Does it seem to be much deeper than the one in the OP? Thanks
I've had this in my Civic for maybe two years now. I don't have any direct experience with the one in the OP, but I would guess that this one isn't as deep, but it's been plenty big enough for my glasses. YMMV

The backside of the clamshell sits some distance away from the headliner - almost but not enough of a gap to stick a finger into. The Volvos these were meant to go in have recessed mounting holes that the feet go into, but our grab bar mounting spots are flush to the headliner, so it sticks out by as much. I would guess the holder in the OP has this much extra volume available, but for my use, this would be a liability (more space for glasses to rattle around in) rather than a feature.

With the full clamshell, I set my glasses in the rubber insert like placing them on a table - with the top of the frames down, and lenses facing sideways. When the shell closes, the frame is held between the insert and the soft lining of the back shell with lenses facing upwards and nothing touching them.

181 - 198 of 198 Posts