8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
i have the ignalls TD and it does send a lot of vibration from the engine back into the chasis. Its annoying at low speeds in start stop traffic.

But as for reducing rigidity I dont think its anything to worry about until the cars got a significant amount of miles on it. Still wouldnt be a bad idea to do some chasis reinforcement though.

Megan (not mugen) makes a few really good products. Theyve got a front under tie bar, rear under tie bar, and a H-Frame brace (requires/comes with new downpipe). These are all future mods of mine and each cost under $60 and claim to significantly improve handling when all combined. www.meganracing.com

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I got one too, its not as bad as I thought it would be. I am pulling 2.1 60 foots at the track with stock tires

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
this transfers all the engine vibrations into the chasis right? wouldn't this reduce the rigidity of the chasis a lot quicker?
I highly doubt the rigidity of the chassis will be reduced from the ETD. You have motor mounts from the factory that transfer vibration through the chassis.

If you need an ETD let me know we have them for $150 shipped. Good in stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.