8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does a leak in the Torque Converter deal with anything with ABS, VSA, TCS? Since apparently all three lights are on until i brought it to the honda dealer ship. they said i had a leaky seal in or around my torque converter or somewhere near my transmission.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I really do not see how the abs is connected to the torque converter. And wait do you have an Si from you avatar it looks like you do. Manual cars dont have Torque Converters btw.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a si. but that's what the service and Maintenance said but i dont know

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
OMG ITS THE ULTRA RARE AT SI

so no, there is no relationship to your ABS and VSA lights

Is there really a TCS light on our cars?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Haha, the dealer is a bunch of idiots then. The SI is a manual transmission only car, they don't have torque converters, those are part of an automatic (takes the place of the clutch).

Take it to another dealer. Those lights have NOTHING to do with the transmission fluid leaking (if it even is, hell, they said your car had a TC afterall).

There's probrably a sensor or a controll unit bad somwhere.

·
Registered
414 Posts
id say there is a relation between abs and vsa lights. most stability systems will brake a corner or set of wheels to help gain control of the car in your favor, so if your abs is not working then your vsa might not be working either.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I brought my Si in for service and they said that it needed 12 spark plugs. The service department said it wasn't running on all 12 cylinders. All kidding aside, when did you substitute an auto for a 6 speed? Torque converter? Knowing some of the service people, they might say anything. Most of the people at my dealership have never heard of HFP products either.

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
the vsa could be using the abs wheel speed sensors to help it monitor the car. So if you have a wheel speed sensor thats causing problems it would cause faults in the ABS and VSA systems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts