8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many people have actually had any experience with a Tornado Air or Turbonator... With gas prices the way it is, I'm willing to try anything.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I hear you gain 10bazillion hp and 10-15 mpg with that thing! =) but only when combined with a NOS sticker... lol dunno if Id even put that thing on my SI...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
^wow would I laugh...sorry but I would.

I just drive like a granny and carpool to work when possible to try to save gas.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Civicn33b said:
I hear you gain 10bazillion hp and 10-15 mpg with that thing! =) but only when combined with a NOS sticker... lol dunno if Id even put that thing on my SI...
HAHAHAHA :giggle:

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
my sister has that on her 04 corolla, it actually makes it a bit faster, like acceleration wise, but i dont know about fuel consumption. Talking about the Tornado Fuel saver, dont know if it looks like that one or not

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If gas prices are seriously killing you, sell your SI and get an LX/EX

Don't you think Honda would have implemented these technologies onto the intake if it really did improve MPG? :pat:

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Seriously man. If there was a magic piece of metal you could install in your car to give it better gas mileage don't you think it would be a manufacturer must to have it in there. What car company brags about getting shitty gas mileage.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SIchodelic said:
If gas prices are seriously killing you, sell your SI and get an LX/EX

Don't you think Honda would have implemented these technologies onto the intake if it really did improve MPG? :pat:
If X's Maf mod is so great, how come Honda didn't do more R&D and made our maf's that way? Why didn't they put an SRI or CAI for better performance? While we're at it, why didn't Honda put better exhaust, headers perhaps? Gas prices isn't killing me, but it would be nice to improve on it. They all add up to big $$$.

By the way, manufacturers post up mpg because of prices right now and its a big selling point. You don't see Z06 commercials advertising mpg right? Even the SI commercials didn't say anything about mpg.

I bet if I dyno it and it happens to show some gains you'd get one.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Driversound said:
If X's Maf mod is so great, how come Honda didn't do more R&D and made our maf's that way? Why didn't they put an SRI or CAI for better performance? While we're at it, why didn't Honda put better exhaust, headers perhaps? Gas prices isn't killing me, but it would be nice to improve on it. They all add up to big $$$.

By the way, manufacturers post up mpg because of prices right now and its a big selling point. You don't see Z06 commercials advertising mpg right? Even the SI commercials didn't say anything about mpg.

I bet if I dyno it and it happens to show some gains you'd get one.
Have you been living underneath a rock or something? These tornado airs have been out for YEARS. Whenever people bring it up again, you'll always get bashed for being such an idiot. Go ahead and buy it and let me know how it goes :popcorn:

The reason Honda doesn't put aftermarket exhausts, headers, intakes, etc is because of added noise levels and reduced MPG...DUH

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I never said it was a new thing. If you read the first post it asked if anyone had experience putting this thing on and actually made a difference. No need to call me an idiot if you can't read.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts