8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I have a 2008 Fiji Blue FG2 lowered (tokico HTS + Eibach Prokit) [some quick snaps of my car]

I'm looking into buying a set of lightweight wheels. narrowed my choices down to these two. They seem to be on par with each other, OZ is not forged where as the WedsSport are? (correct me if i'm wrong this is an assumption). Same price range, and similar weights.

Without Further delay, here are the specs:

OZ Allegritta HLT (Gold or Anthracite)
17x8 +48 $1870 CAD 16.2Lbs <-- ish

WedsSport SA70 (Bronze)
17x8 +42 $1920 CAD 16.97 Lbs

Also thinking of pairing them with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 225/45/17

Good setup? :wavey:

A good photoshop'd picture MIGHT sway my vote :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen ppl witha +35 offset before. Whats with the big change from the OEM +45? Does it do anything to handling, scraping, fit bigger brakes? Sorry if i'm asking questions, but its a hefty price tag. i wanna do it right the first time and not worry about it later :)

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
no there is not really a benefit, its just that most people want to be more flush.

The size choices you picked will work just fine for your setup and is what i would suggest for a 8" wheel.

Your tire choice is a good one too, respectable amount of grip + a good life span. IMO an awesome tire for daily driving.

now i would go with the wedsport but thats just because they're japanese brand so i'm not being very logical lol. Both nice wheels thhough!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A low offset means allows you to fit a big brake kit but also puts more stress on the wheel bearings.

So in comparison to the stock Si wheel specs

17x7 +45

according to 1010tires calculator a 17x8 +48 would have 16mm less back clearance and be 10mm wider. Doesn't seem very clear, I'll try using this Wheel/tire size calculator

Seems the stance will be wider by 4mm each way?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
It's hard to explain without diagrams but here goes:

Offset measures the distance of the mounting point to the wheel hub + or - in millimeters starting from the center of the wheel. Positive offset is more sunk in, and negative make wheels stick farther out. (a 0 offset on a 7 inch wide wheel means 3.5 inches from each side) So putting a 8 inch wide wheel will make the wheel .5 inches wider on each side (this is ignoring the tire you use, wider tire = less clearance but thinner/stretched tires allow more clearance. This is part of how hellaflush crap works). Now the offset is also 3mm different but you can pretty much ignore that. So the wheel will be .5 inches + 3mm closer to brake/suspension components and .5 inches - 3mm closer to the fender since the offset is +3mm more than stock.

I hope you got that...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, cool. Both wheels are not forged but cast? or are the wedssport forged?

EDIT: after looking some, the OZ are "flow cast"? Titanium tech or some fancy term OZ uses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts