8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this pipe. Power and sound is amazing with the tanabe cat back. The fitment was almost perfect and had quality welds. No cel with the (spacer) cel eliminator! Definately a lot more pick up. One of my favorite mods to this car soo far. Next mod wil be stage 2 clutch and light weight fly wheel because it seems i bunt out my clutch a little bit and it slips during fast shifting(had a light snow last nite):vtec:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Dyno PLEASE.

I can count the amount of R18 dynos I've seen on one hand. We know how decent of a gain CAI and magnaflow catback can do on R18s thanks to Jeshua's dyno.

I want to see a R18 hit 130 whp. :xyxnervou

Do you have any intake? Or do you just have header/tanabe catback.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got injen cold air, pullies, full exhaust.... definately above 130 whp.. lets just say i need a new clutch to handle the new power

·
Registered
254 Posts
dam cant wait to order this man... i wonder how will it sound with injen CAI and greddy evo 2 cat back...??? hey turtech how the sound is it LOUD and do you get any back fire???? and where did you get the cel eliminator???

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its sounds a little raspy at at real low rpms, but isnt loud. and then when u get on it you really here the motor open up. u get a couple crackles here and there a maybe a pop or two but nothing too bad. I just got a cel (so much for that cel eliminator) which i will diagnose tommorow.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just used the obd2 scanner and the code is po420 which is the 02 sensor bank 1 which is wierd because I thought it would be affecting bank 2 because that is what has the o2 simulator. I might have a possible leak on the the ehaust manifold because i feel some ehaust being pushed out. Would the scanner pick a leak up? Would that throw this type of code? Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so much for that lol
The problem turned out to be a pint point whole in the back of the header. Going to tack weld it on wednesday hopefully. I contacted top speed auto and they said they would send me money to get it tac welded. They didnt give me any trouble about it but this is still very dissapointing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Total noob....feel free to flame but this will replace the cat rite???
Making it illegal rite?? And is there any way to put the cat back on??

1 - 20 of 36 Posts