8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
meh. I dont really care to take the civic up here. The car, at least the coupes, handle well enough that I dont see any reason it wouldnt behave decently at high speed with decent tires on it though. I'm in europe quite a bit, and almost always have rental cars while in germany which is also my most frequently visited country there. EVERY car I've had over there, even right down to the tiny Ka hatchbacks or cheap minivans makes it to at least 190km/h on the autobahns. I usually end up with a C class mercedes (C-180 usually) which I can get up to 230km/h steady, and a hair under 240km/h on a good downhill stretch. I've had a BMW or 2 I've gotten to 240km/h and probably had room for a bit more, but conditions never really allowed it for my taste. You get used to it very quickly and doesnt feel much different then cruising at 70 or so here after awhile though. The ONLY car I've had out there to date I didnt really feel comfortable with at high speed was a Volvo V-60 wagon of all things. I was pretty suprised since Volvo is supposed to be all safe and everything. That damn car just felt too light and wandered quite a bit at high speed and I just didnt feel safe in it over 180km/h. I did try to take it up and backed down after touching 200km/h cause it just didnt feel right.

Anyways, If I ever get moved out there, the civic goes with, so I'm sure it would be driven near it's top regularly in that situation. I really dont have much interest in seeing what it can do here though.

·
Banned
325 Posts
06silvercivic said:
thats it? thats disappointing i was just fin around yesturday n did 111mph no problem ill fuk around n get bak to u on this one:p
I hope you dont drive the way you talk. If so, dont try speeding you will kill yourself and possibly others.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah. I'm going to try for faster, but I was a little drunk and the road wasn't playing nice with only one hand on the wheel.

·
Banned
325 Posts
chibianh said:
Probably not.. the top speed is probably limited to the gearing of the transmission.
Either that or the ECU...Which is fixable by Hondata and possibly some others if they hack the R18 ECU

·
Banned
325 Posts
peliROJO said:
oh yeah. I'm going to try for faster, but I was a little drunk and the road wasn't playing nice with only one hand on the wheel.
Wow your cool.

Ill be sure to watch out for you dumbass the next time im out with my 3 year old daughter

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
I got hit by a DUI once....the ass****...I almost punched him in his mouth for asking me to go smoke some weed with him and forget the whole thing. But a cop pulled up before I could swing.

For the record, I don't smoke or drink so I was like wtf?

·
Registered
303 Posts
ha ur tellin me i cant drive cause of the way i type this idiots doin 120 while he's drunk n only got one hand on the wheel believe me i aint that stupid i know wut im doin n i said i was f'in around as in thats not how i drive

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for everone's concern for my safety and the safety of others. I promise no one was hurt during the filming of "Top Speed of Civic Sedan". If you can beat it I want to see the photo or preferably the film. Thanks again! :p ;) :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
the 7th gen ex coupe manual could do 127mph stock and I saw a turboed one that got up to 242kph as allowed by the stock ecu so whatever 242kph = in mph.

some1 in Canada do the conversion 4 me

oh,,, 150mph

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dude, that would be fast. 122 is the highest metered speed I've gone but I think my nissan 240sx did faster once. If I remember correctly the gauge went to 120, pegged about 8 mph higher, and I felt it go maybe another 2mph after that. I like to think I went 130 that day :) Then a curve began and we were trying not to wreck :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts