8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Pictures look nice, it looks like the top speed header is smaller than the stock header, or atleast slimer.

How hard was the installation? how hard was to get the stock header out of the car? did you had to remove the bumper at all?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pictures look nice, it looks like the top speed header is smaller than the stock header, or atleast slimer.

How hard was the installation? how hard was to get the stock header out of the car? did you had to remove the bumper at all?
it is, The stock header weight in at 15lbs and this one weighted in at 7lbs.

install was a breeze, no need to remove bumper, i did the install by myself in a matter of a couple hours(that includes removing everything).
Stocker header came off easy, you just cant get ahead of yourself. You kinda have to do everything in a specific order as to remover one piece you must remove another first(if you get what im saying). I found it to be very easy and on a scale of 1-10 , 1 being very easy, i say its a 2.

You will need an o2 sensor socket to remove your o2 sensors.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
it is, The stock header weight in at 15lbs and this one weighted in at 7lbs.

install was a breeze, no need to remove bumper, i did the install by myself in a matter of a couple hours(that includes removing everything).
Let me know how the header holds, i was thinking at work all day today to buy a header and add a 35 shot of nitrous to start, and then move to a 55 shot. i already have the full exhaust and full intake.

I wonder what numbers i will be pushing if i do that.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill keep everyone posted. My car is stored for the winter so it wont see any driving for a few months. But once i get it out, i will be making sure it holds up. It also comes w/ a full 1 year warrenty, and the customer service is some of the best. Mark is a great guy, and i grilled him on warrenty stuff, as i do not want to be stuck w/ a piece of junk. He ashured me that if i did have a problem it will be replaced.

^ im thinking about going the same route w/ the 35 shot.
It would be nice to see what numbers i am making w/ intake, full exhaust and pulley kit.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Nice, that might make 2 of us, am going 35 shot for like daily driving just to be safe and if i go to the track i will up the shot to about 55 on stock engine, and later when we have better tuning options upgrade to a 75 shot or even a 100 shot, upgarading some stuff on the engine to handle it.

How much is this header again? am thinking of buying it next paycheck and also the ZEX kit.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
same reason im going w/ 35 shot. also im not to sure about our plastic intake mani.
i paid 230 shipped + 16$ for 2 spacers

Im wanting a cam and some 12-1 comp pistons, o yea and also a way to tune(other than the universal piggy backs on the current market)

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Wow nice price, am going to oder it next paycheck, if i have any questions on the install am going to ask you, it will had been great if you had done a DIY for it.

Where i live we don't get snow so i will be able to use the header on a daily basis.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its to easy for a diy. There is one part that i think you have to modify. Its the old cat hanger. One of them has a heat shield on it. the heat shield needs to be removed from the mounting bracket and the mounting bracket removed. So the heatshield bolts back on and the metal hanger/bracket is removed. ya need a sawzaw and a hammer to take it off as it is welded.(ill post pics if you get stuck).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
give me a heads up on when your doing your install so i am around if you need help. i wish there were more 8th gen owner is my area.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts