8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Getting a new car doesn’t have to be a lengthy or frustrating process just because there are a few overlooked steps that can get in the way.

If you’re prepared, you can quickly get through the buying process without a headache and without feeling swindled.

Here’s a quick check-list of some of the most important things to do before you walk into a dealership.
Check out the whole list of things to do and know before you buy a car at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Maybe this is because I'm naturally interested in cars, but all of these things seem like no brainers.

I mean really, who'd try to lease or finance a car without having any idea what's on their credit report? And who'd not bother checking MSRP (and invoice) before going to buy a car?

I just bought a new car this past Saturday and the entire process (if I exclude the test drive) took 45 minutes. Test drove the car, went home and told the guy I'd get back to him within a week, decided to buy the car, gave an offer (invoice less incentives), he countered invoice + $200 less incentives and I agreed, it net to about $1050 below invoice. Signed the paperwork a few days later and put down my deposit. I'm not sure why some people are so intimidated by the whole process or absolutely clueless about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts