8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Damn, that's bad. Do you have vehicle "safety inspections" where you live? In PA that wouldn't pass. So if you do, plan on more $ to fix it up. And the thing with rust repair is, unless you keep it out of the road salt in the winters, it WILL come back, and sooner than you think. You're never going to seal it up as good as the factory did when it was new.
If you just want something cheap to beat around for a couple years before it gets so bad you have to scrap it, I guess that would work, but $3000 seems like too much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, that's bad. Do you have vehicle "safety inspections" where you live? In PA that wouldn't pass. So if you do, plan on more $ to fix it up. And the thing with rust repair is, unless you keep it out of the road salt in the winters, it WILL come back, and sooner than you think. You're never going to seal it up as good as the factory did when it was new.
If you just want something cheap to beat around for a couple years before it gets so bad you have to scrap it, I guess that would work, but $3000 seems like too much.
Where i live i dont have inspection (thank you Ohio) but i bought my old fg2 for 3500 and had rust on the jack points and the rear fenders. 276k miles too. this has a Little less issues but just more rust. so im not to sure

·
Registered
220 Posts
My friend bought an even rustier civic that was FBO and tuned for 3k. The hole in that area is so big you can stick your foot in it lol.
You can bet the rear end has the same amount of rust. The mounts being rotted out for the rear camber arm and the rear sway bar are a real concern!
i would buy that for somewhat less than 3k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts