8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car use is and 06 civic ex A/T

I checked the oil on the car, haven't checked it since i got it. on the stick its beyond the full level, read the manual its suppose too be in the middle of the low and full.. but its more then full..

What should i do. can i drain the oil and re apply the same oil in the recommended level.? can i do that? and can this affect my fuel economy?

Any suggestions.. Thanks

-Steward

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
yea just do an oil change.... too much oil causes lots of resistance in ur engine, killing gas mileage. also if its too high it can mess up ur piston rings and get all in the cumbustion chamber and mess ur engine up.....

·
Registered
877 Posts
Jeebus there's alot of crap in this forum sometimes...

Drain it from the drain plug? Have you ever tried to drain 1 quart of oil from the drain plug? It's not easy, and it's damn messy.

Change the oil OP, that's the only way to do it easily and do it right.

Overfilled engines froth the oil, resulting in 2 bad things:

1. Air bubbles in your oil, which can get sucked and pumped into your engine, resulting in decreased lubrication (extreme).

2. Frothed oil (resulting in lots of oxygen exposure) causing rapid deterioration of the oil.

Change it.

Joe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.