8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just bought some injectors. Thing is, I will be driving to my tuner after I install my kit on a basemap. My basemap calls for 650s...He shipped me 750s instead...Will I be ok to drive 65 miles on a basemap calling for 650s running 750s?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I wouldn't. Just install them at the shop.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
So then I have to drive down on stock injectors..
Not a big deal. Literally takes 5 mins to switch out injectors.

no such thing as "too big"
Uh, yes there is. If your injectors are bigger than they need to be, then you'll idle like crap. That and it wastes tons of fuel.

But that's besides the point because the OP was asking if he could run larger injectors on a tune meant for smaller ones. And you can't safely.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
You can adjust the injector size in FP but better be safe then sorry. Just install the 750s @ the shop.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
install the 750's and just change the injector size from 650 to 750 in the map on flashpro
then do a 3rd gear pull datalog and dial in the fueling. k20ftw713 was over a couple of days ago, i installed his 1000cc inj in lieu of him going boost. took a whole datalog to get them dialed in, its no big deal. just set the fp fueling calibration to the size of the injectors and make sure you get the right latencies in there. a couple of datalogs and some tweaks of the fuel maps and you will be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts