8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
759 Posts
Right car for the wrong time, imo. Wonder how it'll do in the midst of this gutted economy.
I think it will do good this year as it's a new model. I'll be more interested in how it does in year 3. The GM dealers have to be licking their chops waiting for these cars to come in. They'll get a lot of traffic from people wanting to take a look(Me included).

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
I love the stock steelies on the base model, more than the alloy wheels. I'm scratching my head at how the manual gets worse gas mileage than the auto though (25 vs 29). Puzzled at why the Genesis coupe seems to get so much more hype than this car.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
wow, they waited way too long to start making this car. Personally I dont really give a sh*t about it anymore. Yeah, it was kinda cool when we first saw this new Camaro back in like, 2005, but now in 09, I dont think anyone cares anymore.

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
I don't think they waited too long, I think their marketing dept failed. You're not supposed to hype a car for 5 years, people get burned out. You're supposed to hype it right before its release, like Hyundai did with the Genesis Coupe, or like how Apple does with its new SKUs.

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
Right car for the wrong time, imo. Wonder how it'll do in the midst of this gutted economy.
if it does bad enough might see the demise of chevy

I think it will do good this year as it's a new model. I'll be more interested in how it does in year 3. The GM dealers have to be licking their chops waiting for these cars to come in. They'll get a lot of traffic from people wanting to take a look(Me included).
ya...just to look...but once the people see the price tag of even the base model...and even the next level up they will more than likely leave...basically wit happend to the mugen

wow, they waited way too long to start making this car. Personally I dont really give a sh*t about it anymore. Yeah, it was kinda cool when we first saw this new Camaro back in like, 2005, but now in 09, I dont think anyone cares anymore.
almost no one does...except chevy gear heads...

I don't think they waited too long, I think their marketing dept failed. You're not supposed to hype a car for 5 years, people get burned out. You're supposed to hype it right before its release, like Hyundai did with the Genesis Coupe, or like how Apple does with its new SKUs.
and the marketing was perfect for the genesis coupe and timing..if chevy would have released back in 05 i think that they would have done better than now

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.