8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Technically you can do either 2 Bi-Xenon and 2 Single Xenon projectors or do 4 Single Xenon projects either way works just fine. I myself would probably do it the first way because having 4 projectors on at all times would be pretty bad ass!

To answer your question though, when you actually retrofit the high beam projector into your headlight, you can adjust it so that it is higher than the lowbeams are. No need as far as I know to modify the cutoff shield at all, just aim it higher to begin with. You essentially use any HID projector for this, i.e. you could certainly run 4 TSX projectors in a quad setup, you would just have two projectors aimed higher than the other two.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So your finally deciding on doing a retrofit? :D
What do you mean, finally deciding? That was always the plan :p
I just needed something in the meantime.

Anyways, thanks for the input all, I had not considered all these options.
What I was thinking was one low beam HID and one high beam halogen so I can keep my DRL function without a lot of fuss.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think i have read that they use the older mdx projectors since they were halogen.
or i think some people mount their projectors for high beams upside down so it doesn't have that cutoff
Thanks! Upside down, haha, I can see how that would work actually.

That's good because most of the high beam projectors like off a lexus are really pricey, and I just don't care enough about the highs to spend much on them.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
I did TL projectors in the low-beam area, and TSXs in the high-beam area, both with the cutoff matched (none higher than others). So I can have just the TLs on or all four on, and the TLs run the high-beams independently since they're bi-xenon. I still have to finish running the DRLs to my ambers.

·
Registered
334 Posts
old thread.. but for anyone searching a friend of mine had his done with 4 bi xenon projectors.. all on with the low beams, then all of the solenoids get retracted with the high beams..

so quad low beam and quad high beam... the high beams burn your eyes and light up half the block, it's perfect for scaring deers and other animals aswell off the road if you live up north.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.