8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long did it take for you to receive your Si from the day you ordered.

This weekend I am ordering my Si-dan in TW. I'm not in a huge hurry, but I know I'm gonna be anxious to receive the car. Any idea how long it should take?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Haha, took me almost 7...but I put my deposit down in November 2005, when almost everyone was waiting.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mabuz said:
Haha, took me almost 7...but I put my deposit down in November 2005, when almost everyone was waiting.
WOW. That's not normal is it? The lady at the dealership told me 2 months...maybe I should expect longer.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
No, the wait shouldn't be bad now. That was when the new Si's were first released for the 2006 model year...coupe only, so demand was high, supply was low, some dealerships were charging a $5K markup on sticker or requiring you to purchase so many dollars worth of accessories if you wanted on a wait list...things were ridiculous. You'll be okay if you order it now.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
it is going to take 3 months if they are just putting the order in and they cannot change one of their current cars which has already been ordered and is waiting to be built.

If they can change a already ordered car before it is built it may only take 1.5 months.

I would figure 3 months, if you get it sooner....all the better.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
I ordered mine in march of 06 and waited 3 weeks

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the longer it takes, the more money i'll be putting down on it. so, for those of you that it took 5 months +, did you order in '06?

Being that it's an '08 model now, should I expect 2-4 months max?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just out of curiousness but why would you order rather then researching dealerships that have them in stock? I drove in & drove out with mine & couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I think what your looking for is "curiosity"...

Anyway, I would like to order mine cause I want to be the first one to drive it. I don't want something w/34 miles of vtec...

Plus no dealers around me have one.

btw I was told 30-90 days by one dealership, 4 months by another, and 40 days from another... lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hozay09 said:
Just out of curiousness but why would you order rather then researching dealerships that have them in stock? I drove in & drove out with mine & couldn't be happier.
1) read post above mine
2) no dealers in my state & the 4 surrounding states have the color i want (TW).

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Ordered my FBP FA5 December 15.... it was built December 16... and I took delivery December 28...

:laughing:

Of course, I lucked out and my dealership found a dealer in CA that had order my car.... they traded... I got my car FAST.... :D

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Took over 6 months for me. Although it didn't help that the 1st dealer forgot to order navi as an option so I had to go elsewhere to get exactly what I wanted.

I would say a few months on average honestly for the wait time.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts