8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have an 07 Civic SI and I want to make it faster. At first I wanted to put in a turbo, but now I really want to supercharge it, probably Comptech STG 2. But I have been thinking about it lately and I am not sure what to do. I was wondering if I should just supercharge the SI and get close to 286 HP or just wait, save the money & buy a 350Z in a couple of years which already has at least 286 HP plus the Torque to back it up.

Any opinions will be appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the Stage 2 will supposily make almost 300 HP with mods, but thats pretty much it. But I have been looking at 350Z's Lately and how much potential they have. I just don't know what to expect from a Supercharged SI.

A kid I know at school has a Supercharged Z, and it is a beast.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
anyone can buy a 350z, but how many people you know have the ability to say i have a rare supercharged k20 powerd Si nearing 300 hp.

I guess im somewhat Biased here lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
thats true i dont think i would trade it in for a 350 z i see alot of them by me but si's theres only a few.... and how do you post a thread

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is true, how do you like yours? For now since its only a stage 1, does it make up for our cars not having that much torque?

·
Registered
795 Posts
i like mine a lot i mean theres a few things like when my cars a little cold it runs like **** but the car overall is nice and yea our torque sucks but once you start going it moves a bit

·
Registered
68 Posts
liquidr1 said:
anyone can buy a 350z, but how many people you know have the ability to say i have a rare supercharged k20 powerd Si nearing 300 hp.

I guess im somewhat Biased here lol

I agree, and I definantly appreciate custom rides more than stock. Only problem I have is deciding on which s/c to go with. Comptech Stage2 or Redshift Stage 2or3

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I def. know I will be supercharging over a turbo. Well wouldn't having over 300 HP give us bad traction issues or not really?

·
Registered
341 Posts
what about AJP i mean they were terrible on this forum and all but their #'s are high...

hytech 250 hp 180 tq or 350 hp 220 tq wit AJP....

really dont like the way AJP did things but the #s tempt me, i have no clue what im gonna get but i have awhile to decide till spring

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Well if it makes you feel any better.

In 2 more months, out of everything in the market right now.

I will be going with the Comptech Superchargerwill post pics on 8th when i get it on.

I love the whinning noise on that thing..Sounds like a Transformer.:thumb:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think most of us are in the same situation. I will probably go with Comptech STG 2 but I think we all would have been happier if out cars came with alittle more power from the factory.

And I was going to go with AJP from the start, but I really don't want to have the problems that come with a Turbo right now, and I kept hearing stories from others that kind of swayed my decision.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
NewYorkJon said:
Well, I def. know I will be supercharging over a turbo. Well wouldn't having over 300 HP give us bad traction issues or not really?

Well i have traction issues with the comptech stage one (although its still controllable). I can smoke tires in second gear all the way to redline. If your worried about traction in a F/I FWD car then i would suggest staying N/A

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
NewYorkJon said:
I think most of us are in the same situation. I will probably go with Comptech STG 2 but I think we all would have been happier if out cars came with alittle more power from the factory.

And I was going to go with AJP from the start, but I really don't want to have the problems that come with a Turbo right now, and I kept hearing stories from others that kind of swayed my decision.
Theres a reason why SRT-4 owners get rid of their cars...:eek:hnoes:

Turbos require you to be on top of your car all the time.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Well if it makes you feel any better.

In 2 more months, out of everything in the market right now.

I will be going with the Comptech Superchargerwill post pics on 8th when i get it on.

I love the whinning noise on that thing..Sounds like a Transformer.:thumb:
hahaha i said that and my friend looked at me like i was an idiot.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts