8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

Should I powder coat the wheels white???

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 85.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. the thread below about the white HFP's made me put this thread up.
I've always wanted white wheels or full gloss black wheels, but when the time came, I just don't know what came over me.

wheels in question: WORK Emotion XT7's
Present color: Matte Bronze

I've been trying to sell these on a local forum for like 3 months, but no luck.. and it's winter so that may be the reason.. My plan was to sell these and immediately order a new set in white.. which I can't reveal atm, just incase I do go through with em.

So now.. the question: Should I or should I not powdercoat these WORK's a championship white or any other kind of white or some kind of gloss black?
note: I will lose the glow-in-the-dark stickers, can't seem to find a place to purchase them.

can a mod maybe put a poll?

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Well, see how much powder coating cost and see how much new wheels would cost after you take out the price of the sold ones. Which ever is cheaper, I say do that. If you powder coat, you get what ever color you want, if you order new wheels, you have to rock the color they come in until you powder those.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, see how much powder coating cost and see how much new wheels would cost after you take out the price of the sold ones. Which ever is cheaper, I say do that. If you powder coat, you get what ever color you want, if you order new wheels, you have to rock the color they come in until you powder those.
well it's about 140/wheel to powdercoat the last time I checked. The new wheels would cost me upwards of 1600 brand new depending on size and all that jazz.

The "type" of white doesn't matter to me, as long as it's a standard white. However, the black has to be a gloss black, which, I'm sure can't be tough to find either.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you try contacting Work about some new glow-in-the-dark stickers? I voted no but I was going to suggest black.
I have and they told me to deal with my supplier, and so I contacted them, and he said it'll take a few months for the stickers to come in. It's been like 5 months, I don't think he even works there anymore.. so I gotta look into it again.

quick question to those who are experienced with powdercoating, is it possible to get a nice full gloss black with powdercoating?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.