8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was up y’all,so I have a 2008 civic si full bolt ons tuned with hondata,I recently been having a problem with my oil,I’ve been burning a lot of oil for the past month already I already replace my vtec solenoid thinking that was the problem,it worked for like 3 days been hitting vtec recently with no problem,then after 3 days it started burning a lot of oil again,so I guess it wasn’t my vtec solenoid just wondering what u guess think can be the problem,i have I/h/e my engine currently has 200k miles

·
Registered
72 Posts
Was up y’all,so I have a 2008 civic si full bolt ons tuned with hondata,I recently been having a problem with my oil,I’ve been burning a lot of oil for the past month already I already replace my vtec solenoid thinking that was the problem,it worked for like 3 days been hitting vtec recently with no problem,then after 3 days it started burning a lot of oil again,so I guess it wasn’t my vtec solenoid just wondering what u guess think can be the problem,i have I/h/e my engine currently has 200k miles
How did you find out you were burning oil and how fast does it burn?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you find out you were burning oil and how fast does it burn?
I found out because it smelled like burned oil like a lot,so I checked it nd that’s when I found out that I was burning a lot of oil lately nd I also blow white smoke out my exhaust recently,so I’m thinking it’s either my pcv valve or my piston rings 🤦‍♂️😬

·
Registered
72 Posts
I found out because it smelled like burned oil like a lot,so I checked it nd that’s when I found out that I was burning a lot of oil lately nd I also blow white smoke out my exhaust recently,so I’m thinking it’s either my pcv valve or my piston rings 🤦‍♂️😬
If the pcv valve hasn't been replaced start with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the pcv valve hasn't been replaced start with that.
Will do man thanx 💯👌🏼

1 - 7 of 7 Posts