8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a RRED Si and I am at the point where I have to choose what set up I am going to go with for my engine bay. I plan on having my Valve cover painted, battery tie down, Resv. tank covers, etc. But I have a dillema. I dont kno which color to go with. The RRED is a very unique red and it is very hard to find a matching red color so im trying to think of other options and routes. I was thinking about doing Spoon blue maybe with the Fiji type valve voer? Or just suck it up and find the best red possible? Any ideas? I put some pics in here of my engine bay right now. Any help would be great! Im open for any opinion's. Thanks!

-The IMC is NOT lime green, it is stock again.
-The Mugen Resv. tank cover is not on right now.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
IMG manifold cover to Rallye Red then the Valve Cover to black. You don't see enough of the valve cover to make it red and look good, IMHO.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Izzy said:
IMG manifold cover to Rallye Red then the Valve Cover to black. You don't see enough of the valve cover to make it red and look good, IMHO.
Interesting suggestion. I like it, its an option. What do you think about Resv. tank covers? Red?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I'd just keep 'em the color they are. :smile:

Battery tie down, hmm, I dunno. From a fashion standpoint, I'd probably make it RR as well!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
polish that intake maifold, grind off the tabs that hold on the manifold cover, get either a type r valve cover, or a custom red one, or hell, anodizee

Then get a shiny black or red golden eagle fuel rail. yer gonna need some of those clear coolant hoses. and damn. that would look hot.

MAybe even ditch the old honda coolant and throw in some red toyota ****.

haha just kidding on that one. the blue stuff looks better. theres a whole list of possibilities.

Maybe even get the P2r throttle body spacer and have that anodized red. damn.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
i have rr aswell i went with password jdm resv covers and i wanan get a black manifold with type r valve cover, that would be awsome

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sh33t_0f_p4p3r said:
i have rr aswell i went with password jdm resv covers and i wanan get a black manifold with type r valve cover, that would be awsome
Yea, I debated about the Type R valve cover. I am thinking about getting DC5 Type R wheels so here is a thought:

DC5 R WHEELS with Red lugs
Type R valve cover, White IMC.

It'll kind of keep a solid combination of colors. What do you think?

P.S. Im going to have to check out the Password JDM resv covers.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
i do like the green. it pops out, and its very unique. nobody else has that. although i am a big fan of red. i say its all according to what you want out of it. if you want it to stand out, then i say go green. if you want a cleaner look, then black and red throughout.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
i have a habbi red and painte dmy cover habbi red, cost me 20 for a cutome spraybomb, its custome mase to match my car exacly... a auto body suply store will make them for you.

i think that matching covers are the bomb, but i didnt like that veetak thing and though that it looked cheap, so i made one out of stainless...

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
oh the spark plug cover is now painted aswell...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts