8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the RH yesterday at night. Today in the morning, I wanted to take the car for a spin. I drove around the corner and everything was fine. I came back home after that.

Then I got to thinking "Why don't I go drive around longer?" I started backing my car out of the drive way. Everything was fine. As soon as I got to the street, I slowed down since my car was lowered. Then that's when it happened...

When I stepped on the gas pedal in reverse I felt a small vibration and heard an obvious sound coming from in between the front seats. The sound was coming from bellow the car. I instantly drove back inside.

Any idea what's going on guys? I'm scared as hell. I gotta go to work in 3 hours and I want the problem fixed. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I had this problem when i put my dcrh in with my skunk2 70mm,in reverse you are pulling everything towards the front of the car and more than likely it is your exhaust coming in contact with the bottom of the car,you have to get under there and find out where the exhaust sits the closest and do some modification(trusty ol hammer)thats what fixed my problem.My exhaust was hitting where the midpipe bends.

Let us know.

oh yea and no the gasket wont cause this,if you are missing a gasket go to your local parts store and buy a tube of GASKET MAKER and put a nice thick line around the flange and then put it back up and bolt it back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.