8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today just got my header but i called it test pipe from TopSpeedAuto...
so i went right away to my mechanic and installed this test pipe... it was so easy and smooth.... and wasnt hard at all as long you know what you doing.... anyway when this thing was bolt in and ready to go .... i must say it was like a stock nice and Queit and he has a lil deep tone... so being said that we let it run for like half and hour then drove it around the block so far so Good no CEL , ENGINE light on ... sweet............ so my mechanic told me that if any problem just come back and we will fix it.... aight everything cool.... so i drove my wife to go to work tonight and drove it for like 1 hour straight agian no CEL or ENGINE light on but it did has some smell and i noticed when im driving normal is nice and deep tone when you press the gas and run it hard its get LOUD like injen intake.... and has a lil pull to it.... but i did noticed that it has that HISSSYYY sound so got off and check it out and make sure theres no CRACK or LEAKING... but theres nothing so FAR so GOOD man.... but i keep it eye on it though for whole 2 to 3 weeks and just drive it normal and break it in...

OVERALL i like it and its sounded really good and nice deep tone and my exhaust got lil louder too... my set up is greddy evo 2 cat back , Injen CAI , megan down pipe , topspeedauto test pipe...
for all R18 owner i think this is a good test pipe and i like it alot im actually going to RECOMMENDED this TEST PIPE to you guys R18 owners... YOU WONT BE DISSAPPOINTMENT ...
for info call TopSpeedAuto and look for mark and tell him that Andre send you and price is 230.00 for the test pipe only and also you NEED 2 CEL BUNG and thats all you need.... and your GOOD MAN........... again just drive it and break it in.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
well today just got my header but i called it test pipe from TopSpeedAuto...
so i went right away to my mechanic and installed this test pipe... it was so easy and smooth.... and wasnt hard at all as long you know what you doing.... anyway when this thing was bolt in and ready to go .... i must say it was like a stock nice and Queit and he has a lil deep tone... so being said that we let it run for like half and hour then drove it around the block so far so Good no CEL , ENGINE light on ... sweet............ so my mechanic told me that if any problem just come back and we will fix it.... aight everything cool.... so i drove my wife to go to work tonight and drove it for like 1 hour straight agian no CEL or ENGINE light on but it did has some smell and i noticed when im driving normal is nice and deep tone when you press the gas and run it hard its get LOUD like injen intake.... and has a lil pull to it.... but i did noticed that it has that HISSSYYY sound so got off and check it out and make sure theres no CRACK or LEAKING... but theres nothing so FAR so GOOD man.... but i keep it eye on it though for whole 2 to 3 weeks and just drive it normal and break it in...

OVERALL i like it and its sounded really good and nice deep tone and my exhaust got lil louder too... my set up is greddy evo 2 cat back , Injen CAI , megan down pipe , topspeedauto test pipe...
for all R18 owner i think this is a good test pipe and i like it alot im actually going to RECOMMENDED this TEST PIPE to you guys R18 owners... YOU WONT BE DISSAPPOINTMENT ...
for info call TopSpeedAuto and look for mark and tell him that Andre send you and price is 230.00 for the test pipe only and also you NEED 2 CEL BUNG and thats all you need.... and your GOOD MAN........... again just drive it and break it in.....

ya ya mine has that Hissy sound 2, everybody is telling me its just the design of the pipe, but i love mine 2, and who told u that u needed 2 CEL BUNG

·
Registered
207 Posts
well i just got the short straight one in the mail today, and i have the "L" shaped one on the side, ill probably put the straight one on the top for now and orer another straight one for the side, i think the "L" shaped one is to far away

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i just got the short straight one in the mail today, and i have the "L" shaped one on the side, ill probably put the straight one on the top for now and orer another straight one for the side, i think the "L" shaped one is to far away
yeah u need to 2 just to be safe mode 1 straight goes on top and use your l shape on the side and ur set dude!!!!!!! yeah i kinda love the hiissssyyy sound now hehehehehehee lol :vtec:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks for dumping ridiculous ammounts of pollution into the atmosphere to free up 1 Hp on your car.
WOW, what an intelligent post. Thanks. You are so much help. That post helps this thread out.

Do you have any idea how many race header threads there are, and you come into an r18 one to talk about emissions.
Oh please, stop waisting space on this site.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ok so i have an "L" shaped )2 spacer on the second 02 sensor, and a straight one on the top first 02 sensor, my car didnt like that . it kept giving me the cel, so i pulled the codes and they came up the same for both 02 sensors, either it was low volts or slow response.

so i took the straight one off the top and removed the "L" shaped one from the side spot and put the straight one on the side. so far it works perfect, no cel

if u look at the oem cat the first 02 sensor is on the top with no spacer, which means that it was put there to take the heat of the exhaust so spacing it away will throw off the sensor, the second sensor is 2 far away to get a good enough reading, my suggestion is dont use the "L" shaped spacer, the straight one is the perfect length away from the header/test pipe w/e u wanna call it for both 02 sensor to work like they did if the cat was on

·
Registered
264 Posts
thanx for the info, its hard to find good parts for the R18...

and to that comment about emission the hairspray u use on your fat head probally does a lot more damage than our cars :p just had to get that in

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.