8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from vacation in San Francisco. My wife and I rented a sebring and I've got to tell you, I had trouble not rolling back on some of those hills! told my wife, "as soon as I get back, I've got to give props to anyone that drives a stick in this city!"

And so here I am ... Giving props.

Nothing but respect from the East Coast!

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was just up there for amazingly the first time downtown other than to just go to Giants games. Had to use the e-brake a couple of time to not roll back into the car on my ass behind me.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
I've been there twice in my car...it's not too bad...at times I would rev up to like 2k-2.5k...I just had to watch out for the crazy chinese people jaywalking in Chinatown.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was just there this weekend. Muni all the way!
I was telling the wife if we lived there I'd have to get a beater so I don't worry about scratches from the dense parking and it would also have to be automatic (even though I can barely think of ever getting one) due to having to change the clutch probably every two years.
I did see a FB FA5 by Ghiradelli Square.

·
Registered
611 Posts
You get used to the uphills and downhills here in SF eventually (translation: it takes experience LOL). The e-brake is your best friend.

I do miss my '93 civic hatch though. It's auto and so light that the hills have to be really steep to give me problems :thumb:

EDIT: the stiff Si suspension doesn't like the ragged roads of SF though -- it'll vibrate your entire body LOL

·
Registered
611 Posts
The reason why my suspension is stock. Let's not forget the high curbs and steep driveways.
Oh, my suspension is the stock si suspension, but even that is noticeably stiffer than that of regular 7th or 8th gen civics. I've been picking up my gf from her work downtown a few times the past few weeks because of tax season, and we both give a sigh of relief as soon as we get out of the streets and on to the freeway :eek:wneddance:

As for the high curbs and steep driveways, oooohhh we all hate those with passion!!!!!! :rantsmiley:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts