8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you'll need the DX radio faceplate. It fits over the EX's HVAC controls fine and air vent. It'll leave a double din opening. The part at honda costs around 40 dollars.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh, yeah now i gotta figure out what size screen will fit in the huge opening.. since its a double din..

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
ScorchedHands said:
question, would the 06 DX faceplate work in an 06 Si?
Yes. They're the same thing. The Si uses the same piece with the Nav unit. The DX doesn't come with a radio but has a double-DIN for the accessory radio and accessory change pocket. When you or, it won't matter if you choose the Si or DX dash part, because like I said, they're the same thing.

Here's my dash piece. Obviously, I've modified it, but you can see it's a double-DIN. It's the same piece found in the Si. Minus the screen of course. :p

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am selling the dash kits - group orders only at this time.. it contains the insert to fit the actual radio with a small pocket below it.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can do the same thing he did too.. i'm just selling it pre-assembled.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
06NighthawkSi said:
What about a wiring harness?
i might have found one from an older model honda, but i'm not sure if it'll turn the factory amp on.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey, can you pm me information about your kits? I'm looking at installing a new Alpine IVA-W200 in my '06 Si. It's going to basicly end up looking like the factory Navi, but it's got ALOT more features and better sound. But like unplugged said, I need to find a way to make it work the factory amp. I've got a buddy who's job is custom car audio/video work and I'm a pretty good electronics/computer guy also, so I'm hoping that between the two of us we can figure it all out. It occurs to me that, I wonder If anyone has any idea's about the steering wheel controls and aftermarket units?

If I remember correctly, I remember reading somewhere that the factory Navi is an Alpine, maybe there's some compatibility?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PAC sells a kit to be able to use your steering wheel controls on select model radios and select cars. There's a kit for alpine headunits (it doesn't work with some, i know it doesn't for the 9856) - but it also doesn't say its compatable with the 06 civic.. i'm going to call up crutchfield and find out for sure.. maybe it just says that because no one has tested it before. If that's the case, I'm going to be probably the first to do so.

I don't use the controls that often, but there's times when I do.

As far as making it work with the factory amp.. there is a blue wire with a silver stripe i believe.. that turns that factory amp on. THen you just connect the regular speaker wires.

As far as my kit.. i stated everything in the post. I have 4 orders so far so i'm getting close to the bulk order.

·
Registered
215 Posts
HEY! I just realized you're from NJ! I'm in PA, right above Philly. Hello neighbor.

Let me know what happens with the harness and the steering wheel controls. I'll post if I find anything also.

I'm still debating on the IVA-W200, luckily i don't think it's avail yet. Alpine website says March 2006. If I could order, I think i would have already done it without thinking lol I'm kind of nervous about messing with my dash, not that I haven't done it before but I'd hate to mess up anything. :eek:hnoes: My beautiful new '06 Si, I think I'd cry if it even got scratched!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, supposively I only found two harnesses, neither of which work.

We'll just have to wait for someone to make one for the civic for those who are scared to splice.

I'm thinking of trying out the Pioneer headunit.. the alpine display is a little annoying to read at the angle the dash sits.. unfortunately, that's how Honda designed it to be. I might have to rig up something to tilt the headunit downward to get a better view of it. Right now the text is difficult to read at times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
American International at 1-800-323-4329 has kit # HON-K830 which will hold a Double Din style Nav radio, or s flipout single din screen with a pocket below.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts