8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post pics, impressions, and set-ups here!

I'm running the tl-s master, ebc yellow pads, wearever s2000 rotors (for now), and stainless lines.

Matt

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, they need a lot of wheel clearance, they are quite wide.

If anyone is in Houston I'd be happy to let you try your wheel out on my car.

Matt

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The caliper itself is wide, so from your stock caliper it's probably 2 inches or so close to your wheel. Check out my other thread I posted a template you can cut out, and stuck on your wheel to see how it fits

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
This thread needs a bump. I'll be joining the club shortly. Currently putting together the parts I need (rotors, pads, BMC, SS lines, etc). Wasn't aware that I'd need a spacer for the Tl-S rotors.. so now looking at extended studs and hub bearings :deadhorse:

But, here are my TL-S brembos fresh from powder coating :love:

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
That color looks great!!
Thanks! I just got the install done yesterday. They look amazing!

Will this not fit with stock wheels, and how much will a set-up like this cost?
You need a fairly large spacer to make OEM wheels fit over the larger calipers. I don't know the exact size but I believe it's upwards of a 20mm spacer.

Also price really depends on where you get the parts from/what you buy. You can get re-manufactured calipers like OP did for fairly cheap, and find decent deals on S2000 rotors and tl-s pads online. My setup cost me a decent amount because I bought brand new calipers, and upgraded to the tl-s BMC along with stainless steel lines. I was in my conversion about $1,200 which is still cheaper than spoon calipers or doing a wilwood conversion.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Thanks! I just got the install done yesterday. They look amazing!

You need a fairly large spacer to make OEM wheels fit over the larger calipers. I don't know the exact size but I believe it's upwards of a 20mm spacer.

Also price really depends on where you get the parts from/what you buy. You can get re-manufactured calipers like OP did for fairly cheap, and find decent deals on S2000 rotors and tl-s pads online. My setup cost me a decent amount because I bought brand new calipers, and upgraded to the tl-s BMC along with stainless steel lines. I was in my conversion about $1,200 which is still cheaper than spoon calipers or doing a wilwood conversion.
very nice! im waiting for fluids before i do mine

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm only chiming in cause i just did the TSX caliper swap and ran into a problem.

SO,

MDWalsh, did you have to trim the cowl pretty hard to fit the TL-S master cylinder? Mine would not fit without serious modification to the frame cross brace under the cowl.

Also you can find a new Dorman TL-S master cylinder on amazon for about $70 that will bolt right up to the brake booster. Just get on there and search brake master cylinder and then input a 2008 TL-S and filter results. I'd put the link but they expire on there every so often. Just match numbers and you should be good.

Also, Walsh, I've been reading your threads and can appreciate the work you put into making this swap more well known and easier to complete. Not trying to bust your chops but the brace notch ain't a small thing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts