8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have 225 Z1 star specs. I have nitrous and bolt ons. Pretty soon im throwing on a supercharger and getting tuned with spray. Obviously this means hard on traction.

The z1 star specs grip good for straight line, but ONLY when they are very very warmed up, and theyre hard sidewalls make it hard for good grip.

If I bought some Nitto NT01s would I have almost no trouble hooking up with the super? If not... any other tires that'll give me great straight line grip while still giving me cornering stability? thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Handling and straight line traction are two different ball games. Decide which you want, or you have to compromise.
Or have two sets of wheels/tires.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Handling and straight line traction are two different ball games. Decide which you want, or you have to compromise.
Or have two sets of wheels/tires.
I may not be looking for a full on drag radial though... I guess my new ? is will max performance tires give better straight line grip than extreme performance tires?

·
Registered
967 Posts
i would say bridgestone RE-11's if you dont mind spending some extra $$ but without going to drag radials the star specs or the NT-01 would be the best cheaper alternatives

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would say bridgestone RE-11's if you dont mind spending some extra $$ but without going to drag radials the star specs or the NT-01 would be the best cheaper alternatives
Lol the RE-11 is the same tire as my Z1 star spec, basically. The sidewalls are too stiff for acceleration purposes ): :think:

·
Registered
589 Posts
cause they are made for "handling" not straight line performance. like someone said you can only pick one or the other or just compromise.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Not to get off subject, but what do you guys think of the Nitto Invo's. I heard mixed reveiws on here about them. I hear they are very very queit and handle well and not much money. I was originally going with Star specs or Yoko AD08s. But i only daily drive my car it sees sprints of high acceleration from time to time so tight corners every now and then never any track time. Im looking for a tire that performs well and is quiet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts