8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just lowered my car on Sportlines and put 17" Rota Revs with 225/45/17 Fuzion HRI tires. With this setup i'm having rubbing issues everytime i hit a dip or bump, and i don't know how long i can go hearing the stupid rubbing noise. I was thinking on maybe doing Low Profile tires in that same setup or maybe go back to stock (215/45/17). What do you guys think?? Any recommendations???
Also, for those of you dropped on sportlines and aftermarket wheels, what kind of tires do you have? Any rubbing?? If it helps, i have an FA5..

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It might be your wheels my friend. What is the offset on them?

Either go to 215/45/17 or roll your rear fenders if thats where they are rubbing. Both of those should solve your problem.

Thats exactly why I went with the pro kit on my FA because I will be running 18x8 wheels.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
but what offset are the rims? Going 10mm wider tires isn't going to go from perfectly fine to "****, I'm rubbing!"

I have 220/40/18 with 7.5 wide rims and +35 offset. I barely rub and I'm lowered at least 1.75" or so...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
215/45/17 is the way to go then. Stock tire size shouldn't rub at all.

If it still rubs then get another set of tires. Not all are made the same.

Like general uhp are larger then the exact same size 512's.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'd think that a 215/40/17 would cure it.

I'm going to be running 18x7.5 wheels with 215/40/18 tires and Tein S-Tech drop. I've been told that the 215's over the 225's cure any rubbing issues with that set up.

Seeing at how the Sportlines and S-Tech's have a similar drop, and you running a smaller wheel, I would ASSUME that you wouldn't have any problems.

YMMV

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
you shouldn't rub at all. I'm on 225's and have a far more aggressive offset and I barely rub. I guess you pull a lot of Uturns then.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
it's basically stretching your fenders so more rim/tire will fit. I've seen it done with a bat. I'll try to find the video

·
Premium Member
5,368 Posts
You could also just shave the plastic nub on the fender liner. That's where you're almost certainly rubbing.

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea that plastic seems a bit worn out lately, i guess from the tire rubbing against it...i'll check tomorrow and see waht i can do, but it seems liek the rubbing has been going away, maybe i wasn't rubbing at all, who knows, but it sounded like i did...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts