8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been a member of this forum for awhile but mostly just came and went to look at a few things. This morning I woke up to my neighbor ringing my door bell to let me know that all 4 of my rims and tires had been stolen! I just called the cops and filed an insurance claim, I just want to know what I can do from this point forward in terms of making sure the cement blocks my car is currently sitting on aren't going to cause any damage to my car. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
I think you will need to your car off the blocks, and back onto some wheels/tires again. You can then get it on a lift to see what damage might have resulted from the blocks.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. :sadwavy:

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
if you have 4 jack stands, i would much rather my car be sitting on jack stands than wobbly ol' cement blocks.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
This isn't good. where do you live OP? Damn I hate some people!

Thats why I got wheel locks and keyed lugs too. OP, you need an alarm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This isn't good. where do you live OP? Damn I hate some people!

Thats why I got wheel locks and keyed lugs too. OP, you need an alarm.
I live in Midwood, Brooklyn, the neighborhood is relatively safe but I guess no matter how safe anything can happen

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I live in Midwood, Brooklyn, the neighborhood is relatively safe but I guess no matter how safe anything can happen
Oh man that just sucks. Yeah you are right. This world is crap nowadays.

As long as nothing on the car is damaged. You can always get more wheels and tires. You still have the OEM tires/wheels? You can use those again. Thats why it's important to keep ALL of your OEM stuff. I keep all mine. I hope you get some closure or justice for this man.....:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
dude, sorry to hear about that... at least the blocks are on the jackpoints.. they werent 100% assholes... just 99.9%

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh man that just sucks. Yeah you are right. This world is crap nowadays.

As long as nothing on the car is damaged. You can always get more wheels and tires. You still have the OEM tires/wheels? You can use those again. Thats why it's important to keep ALL of your OEM stuff. I keep all mine. I hope you get some closure or justice for this man.....:facepalm:
My car was running on the OEMs, I never got any other rims. That's the part the pisses me off the most. Why go to the trouble to steal stock rims?! :Mad:

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
that part of town is VERY dangerous in regards to cars being put on blocks. luckily they did that much, I usually see one side on rotors/frame, and the other on top of a broken milk crate.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.