1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
damm it beat me to it...

·
Registered
431 Posts
I recently replaced the stock sylvania bulbs with silverstar ultras (lowbeams) and they are a huge improvement..much whiter light is thrown farther down the road. Can't comment on the PIAAs, though.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Personally, i prefer the silverstars, I've tried both. I ordered some license plate leds from autobarn.com and they sent me the wrong part, (the piaa's low beam bulb). i was already running the silverstars and really liked them so i switched back, just thought the silverstars were a tad whiter, the piaa is still a good choice and better over stock

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
After much research and use of Silverstars myself, u get more light outta your stock bulbs than any of those after market bulbs, they are less lumens, just a whiter light, and its for sure not thrown farther down the road, thats a crock of s**t lol i think u need to do a comparision pic of ur old bulbs dude,
ur best bet for more light is HIDs, if u cant afford it, for around 5-60 bucks u can do HIR bulbs, i dont know a whole lot about them, but they produce upwards of 2500lumens, thats wat most 6000k bulbs will do on HIDs
Not very many places to get them, but ill keep looking, one guy sells them on ebay at the moment, ive been told john deer as well, but they are more there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts