8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a dumb question...While shopping for a new set of rubber, I noticed that most all of the tires I am looking at come with a 40k to 50k warranty. Does anyone know if the factory selected/instaled summer tire for the 07 Civic Sedan SI have any warranty? Mine only lasted 20k. Thanks for the info.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
http://www.michelinman.com/media/en-US/pdf/tires/michelin-2007-limited-warranty.pdf
page 2 tells you your warrent limitations. 60k miles, unless it is an h-reted tire....but it will be very hard to prove you followed their guidlines.

to claim the warrenty for tires:
"the tires have been rotated and inspected by a participated michelin tire retailer every 7,500 miles, adn the attached mounting and rotation service record has been completed and signed."
^found on page 3

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Ok thats a great read and great info but where does it say anything about "Factory Installed " tires.

Again I could be wrong but I think that warranty is when you purchase a set of tires.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^page 2, "rule" 3,

"applies to tires sold on or after june 1, 2005."

also, that little warrenty book came with my car, and probably every oen elses civic, there fore it should apply to the tires.

but as i said, the OP is going to have a real shitty time trying to say that he rotated is tires as called for, because chances are, he has no proof....therefore, no warrenty.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
eh, if it was really gotten into, its a very general statment that cna be interreted either way. but since that same warrenty book comes with the SI, i would assume that the warrenty applies, or else they are just wasting paper.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I was originally talking about was the tires that came with the car when I purchased it from the dealership. I did not have them install a different tire, the car just came with them...the package the car was ordered with, summer tire option, by the dealership. I was just implying that the factory installed them, not the dealer. And since I have not bothered to have my service department record anything in my manual, I guess I am SOL and in need of actually buying new tires.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have just been sitting here researching tires and warranty claims. I have decided to bite the proverbial bullet and just go with Pirelli and forget about even trying. As I live in Indiana, the original summer tire will not likely hold up in the expected snow. I am a fan of Pirelli from previous vehicles. I have never had to go through so many steps just to make a claim. Just my opinion. Nothing against Michelin, I just choose Pirelli due to great tire quality and great customer service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.