8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody out there knows of anywhere that sells metal tire valve stem caps. The reason being, is that I find the stock vinyl ones provided by Honda crack far too often in the winter from the cold weather.
I was browsing on eBay, and found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...ewItemQQcategoryZ33747QQitemZ8004566977QQrdZ1

They appear to be metal, but I was just wondering if anybody has previous experience with this type of valve stem cap, or if anyone knows of any metal ones out there on the market that can be purchased online.

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
I had some chrome ones once on my last truck, major pain, they kept falling off, I jsut put the plastics ones back on...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jrfish007 said:
I had some chrome ones once on my last truck, major pain, they kept falling off, I jsut put the plastics ones back on...
Yeah I hated when I had chromies on my bike back in middle school and they would fall off and land on other kids bikes...

Dude, unless you didn't screw them on at all, a valve stem cap won't fall off.

If they disappear, it's because some punk kid took them off.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I saw those caps on ebay too but I'd say "screw em." They're gonna get stolen.

Black plastic/vinyl or whatever they are caps are pretty cheap at any car store and you can probably even get them for free when having the car serviced. Maybe just buy a boatload through ebay.

I don't know where you live but I've never had caps crack on me. It doesn't snow in SF I guess.

I'd seriously just recommend applying some 2001 (vinyl protectant) on them or maybe some chapstick!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts