8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol jk... quick question guys, my Ray's G-Games 77w's are 18x8 48+ offset i believe. I have a set of eibach sportlines im waiting to install and some skunk2 camber arms. What would be the best tire size in order to make this fit and still perform well? also what, if any, spacers are needed?

thanks for the help in advance guys,
Josh

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
good thing you were kidding cause i was about to make fun of you.

i would probably go with a 225/40. you should be good with the offset because i think the stock wheels are +48 and the new wheels will only protrude in another 1/2 inch more than the stocks.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
yeah man go with a 225/40, that's what Im running now.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so 225/40/18s wont scrub?!?! someone was telling me 225/40/17 might rib with the stockers under sportlines, are we sure on this?!?!.... lol Dawn thanks for not pulling the trigger on me =)

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
so 225/40/18s wont scrub?!?! someone was telling me 225/40/17 might rib with the stockers under sportlines, are we sure on this?!?!.... lol Dawn thanks for not pulling the trigger on me =)
No problem. I have 225/40/17s that were dropped very low on my SS coilovers . If I remember correctly, they sat lower than Sportlines. I rubbed only over big bumps and mostly on the highway. I've raised the front end up 1cm and I barely have any rubbing at all now. Any pictures that I may have taken since Mid October show the drop.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol... dawn so we are still thinking that with my 18s and 225/40/18s will fit?!?! sorry for being hard headed I just dont want to buy too big of rubbers =\ *perverbian slip*

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
lol... dawn so we are still thinking that with my 18s and 225/40/18s will fit?!?! sorry for being hard headed I just dont want to buy too big of rubbers =\ *perverbian slip*
I'd have to see a pic of a car dropped on sportlines to see the clearance. Our wheels have the same exact clearance. If you drop too low, the tire will rub the inner wheel well skirt. Rolling it may help.

That would have been so classic... banned for being rice.
Trust me, the thought has crossed my mind before.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
No problem. I have 225/40/17s that were dropped very low on my SS coilovers . If I remember correctly, they sat lower than Sportlines. I rubbed only over big bumps and mostly on the highway. I've raised the front end up 1cm and I barely have any rubbing at all now. Any pictures that I may have taken since Mid October show the drop.

:drooling: That is a beautiful Si

1 - 19 of 19 Posts