8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first service done this morning and watched the technician take the driver's side rear wheel and put it on the passenger side front, thus spinning the tire in a different direction. I thought this method of rotation was from the OLD days of bias-ply tires. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I need to look in the owner's manual about tire rotation, but I'm still at the dealer right now. I thought it was simply front to back and back to front for radial tires.

Thanks!

·
Registered
929 Posts
I work for a dealership and we always rotate them front to back- i guess it depends on where you go.
Yeah, I've got 2 different kinds of snow tires on mine (front and rear) so I asked my dealership to please skip the tire rotation on my last service and they noted it on the bill to make sure. When I got back to pick up the car the first thing I did was look down to check which thires were at which end and can you guess... yup of course they did!!! At least they only switched them front to back and didn't do the X pattern because they're directional and that would have really messed it up! Should have known better than to expect better service from an Acura dealer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.